Featured A little Worthpoint please. :-) ? Duncan Miller Ruby Red Caterbury bowls?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by bercrystal, Aug 14, 2021.

1. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

I bought 2 bowls earlier this year. One is like this one here & the other is identical except for it doesn't have a flat edge. Its sides are flared upwards. Neither are marked but when I bought them my first thought was that they were Duncan Miller Canterbury. However, I have not been able to locate anything in my books or online.

The person who sold the one in the Worthpoint listing claimed that theirs had a Duncan & Miller sticker on it when they bought it at auction. I don't know if it was intentionally removed or if it just fell off & escaped into the unknown. ;) :p:rolleyes::hilarious:

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/duncan-miller-ruby-red-christmas-243712571

@Kronos @Iowa Jayhawk :happy::happy:

Thanks for any & all advice or opinions!! :happy::happy: :kiss::kiss::kiss:

KSW, Any Jewelry and judy like this.
  2. trip98

trip98 Well-Known Member

3. Cherryhill

Cherryhill Well-Known Member

IMHO the sticker fell off from embarrassment. If the piece is D&M, it isn't Canterbury. While I am no authority on that line, it usually has six scallops around the periphery of the bowl in addition to the features on the bottom.

C'mon, Tallcakes, straighten me out.

4. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

Tom, I was just making the same observation here. need a better photo of the bottom...

5. bercrystal

:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

This one does have 8 scallops. :oops:

:happy::happy:

I will get some photos of my bowls today or tomorrow & post them here.

Thanks to both of you!! :happy::happy: :kiss::kiss::kiss:

Even if it turns out to be fairly new Chinese it is a beautiful color & I will be able to sell it locally in a couple of months. :D:D

i need help and TallCakes like this.
  6. bercrystal

@Cherryhill @TallCakes

I took these the next day but just now had a chance to post them. :oops::happy:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Thank you again for all of your help!! :happy: :kiss::kiss:

Draft saved Draft deleted