A mysterious monogram on some items

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Marand50, Dec 8, 2016.

1. Marand50

Marand50 New Member

Hello,
    Here is an egg cup with a monogram. When, where and who it was made by is unknown. There is an assumption that it is foreign production. The egg cup has no manufacturer’s stamp. There are two tea glass holders (1895 and 1915) and a teapot (1896) in Arkhangelsk (Russia). The items have a similar monogram to the one on the egg cup. The silver plated ware is made by Walker & Hall, Sheffield.
    Could you answer my questions, please?
    1. Is it possible that the egg cup was made in England? If yes, at which factory?
    2. Could the fact that a similar monogram occurs on both Dutch ware and silver plated ware from Sheffield be of any significance?
    3. Which company (a marine company, a trading company, etc.) could order a stamp for the monogram and mark the above-mentioned items with it?
    4. Where could the stamp be made? At Walker & Hall? Or at a Dutch ware factory?
    I would appreciate it if you could help me. The photo of the egg cup is enclosed.
    Thank you in advance for your help.

Best regards,
    Marina
    http://postimg.org/image/v4i5jbxwd/c00ac293/

KingofThings likes this.
  2. KingofThings

KingofThings 'Illiteracy is a terrible thing to waist' - MHH

Welcome! :)
    Would you please put your photos directly here on your post?
    Many of us will not go to links because of the danger in that.
    Use the FULL IMAGE option. :)

Marand50 likes this.
  3. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

4. KingofThings

KingofThings 'Illiteracy is a terrible thing to waist' - MHH

:)

bobsyouruncle likes this.
  5. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

You say the monograms are similar yet there is only one picture. I suspect there is no connection. The egg cup could be from England, yes, but of little value.

KingofThings likes this.
  6. Marand50

Marand50 New Member

Height of the egg cup is 55 mm. The diameter of the top part - 40 mm, its height is 25 mm. The diameter of the lower part - 50 mm, its height is 30 mm. The diameter of the hole between them is approximately 20 mm. The monograms on the teapot and the egg cup differ in size from the monogram on the tea glass holders. Its dimensions are approximately 30 mm x 35 mm (the monogram on the bottom of the tea glass holders is 10 mm х10 mm).
    Sorry, I cannot post photo. Help me, please.

KingofThings likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted