A Pitcher and ?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Shwikman, Apr 21, 2019.

1. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

And my favorite phrase: 'Very unique set'.

silverthwait and Pat P like this.
  2. Pat P

Pat P Well-Known Member

These are my two pieces. My creamer's shape is different and is missing whatever was on the inside top of the handle.

They have a matte glaze, the same graduated cream to gold background coloring, and the same small reddish pattern on the back. All of that is so similar that I can't imagine the manufacturer would be different.

upload_2019-4-21_14-54-6.png

Last edited: Apr 21, 2019
    i need help likes this.
  3. Shwikman

Shwikman Well-Known Member

I thought maybe it was when I was looking at them yesterday but that little pattern is by hand. There are minor variations between the two.

Bronwen likes this.
  4. Bronwen

Definitely looking like this is how you're supposed to know the maker.

Anyone have a good idea of type of flower? Dogwood?

upload_2019-4-21_15-2-19.png

5. Bronwen

Stencilled, maybe? Can't see they would waste painters' time making them do that bit over & over.

Pat P likes this.
  6. Pat P

Pat P Well-Known Member

The back image on my pieces does look stencilled. Under a loupe, I can see the color is a little mottled and along one section of the edge there's a thin line of extra glaze.

Bronwen and Shwikman like this.
  7. Shwikman

Thinking back I could see these being stencil as well. I think my mind was thinking transfer yesterday which they’re definitely not...but stencil yes.

Bronwen likes this.
  8. Shwikman

And that pattern almost look like apple blossoms to me. I’m definitely thinking some sort of fruit or nut.

Bronwen likes this.
  9. Bronwen

Pat P likes this.
  10. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

I have a small collection of these creamers, vases, etc. I always thought they were more for decoration than for use. Very few are marked and those that are usually carry the word "Austria" or have an Austrian mark.

IMG_20190422_102701827.jpg IMG_20190422_102650749.jpg

11. Shwikman

Wow! That’s a collection alright!

Bronwen and i need help like this.
  12. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Thank you, Shwikman. I can't resist a bargain and these tend to fly under the radar. Janetpjohn's Etsy listing has a great price. I have to keep repeating, no more room, no more room, no more room...
    Don

Pat P, cxgirl, Bronwen and 1 other person like this.
  13. Bronwen

Sounds like the Mad Tea Party!

Pat P, i need help and dgbjwc like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted