A possible coincidence, maybe??

Discussion in 'Art' started by CheersDears, Nov 23, 2019.

1. CheersDears

CheersDears Well-Known Member

Some time back I posted about this painting of cows in a very muddy field, wondering if anyone had any ideas. That thread was titled "Any thoughts on these old cows". By chance I looked at eBay oil paintings recently and found this one of bovines pulling a cart. It is by Husveth Lajos, a Hungarian, 1894 - 1956. I was struck by the lashings of paint.

A Google search produces some more Lajos cows in a barn, some ugly cows crossing a bridge (watercolour, but very heavy colour, similar to in my painting) and lastly this lovely oil of a hen and chicks.

I see someone is asking about "art experts" in another post, and I have sent off some photos of my painting to a Hungarian gallery which offers free opinions. This is not particularly serious (more an opportunity to look at cows), but does anyone think I might have stumbled upon the painter of my cows? P1040800.jpg Unknown-1.jpeg images.jpeg Unknown.jpeg husveth-lajos-1894-1956-csibe-csalad-1920-a30a_1_300.jpg

judy likes this.
  2. blooey

blooey Well-Known Member

In my opinion, not the same hand. Yours is more skilled!

CheersDears, judy and Christmasjoy like this.
  3. MikeMerak

MikeMerak Member

Not easy to tell as the Ebay photo is a bit small but I can see why you thought there may be by the same artist. I think I agree with Blooey, your picture is very painterly and well done where as there are areas on the Ebay painting that do not seem to be handled as well as yours.

CheersDears, judy and Christmasjoy like this.
  4. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

I'm with the others, not the same artist.

CheersDears and judy like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted