Featured A pretty shade

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by J Dagger, Aug 5, 2022.

1. J Dagger

J Dagger Well-Known Member

DC3D104C-07AB-49E8-B1BD-79B4BABB076D.jpeg 6B502BD3-24D0-481B-9717-30D186A49265.jpeg At a recent sale they had 3-4 pretty nice lamps. To me they all appeared to be in the sweet spot of maybe 1895-1940 or so. I don’t usually do lamps but I was able to find makers marks on the bases that made me happy enough to risk a few hundred on a couple. If I had room I’d have taken them all probably. This shade was my favorite. The base is Bradley & Hubbard. I would love to get some opinions on the shade. Is it correct to the general era I mentioned? I don’t imagine anyone would be be able to ID a maker but you never know. I really love the colors. I was dead set on flipping it but I’m really falling hard for it. The last thing in the world I need is a stained glass lamp but it’s gonna be hard to let go.The other one is panels of glass and I hope it’s old but I question it a little bit. I’ll post that one another time. Can anyone tell me anything about this one by seeing a few photos? It appears B&H shades are mostly slag panels. I’ve assumed this shade is not also by B&H? 235A6C59-459B-43CF-A306-7E7EB54610FC.jpeg 28EC59E8-F372-472E-B046-194E65528A4C.jpeg

Last edited: Aug 6, 2022
    Bakersgma, judy, Any Jewelry and 4 others like this.
  2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

I would never throw shade, on your shade !!
    It's very nice..... the hardware also !

3. judy

judy Well-Known Member

It's beautiful. The shade could also be B & H. That would be a keeper for me no matter who made it.

I've had mine over 40 years ago.

Yours reminds me of one that I bought years ago and still love as much as day one.

I'm working on the image to post here.

J Dagger, komokwa and sabre123 like this.
  4. judy

judy Well-Known Member

The shade to yours looks "pleated". A beautiful detail that none of mine have.

Mine is a panel lamp....the glass in yours looks to be set individually?

(The relatives are really mine............not "instant".:cat:)

spiderlamp.jpg

5. J Dagger

J Dagger Well-Known Member

Nice to have nicely framed old family photo!!! I love your shade as well. The metal work over the panels is more complex than most I’ve seen.

I believe all the glass is individually set yes. It was a lot of work for whoever made it. My pépère worked in stained glass so it always has an extra appeal to me. They also had a leaded stained glass bankers lamp/shade. I really wish I had picked it up too but they wanted $300-$400 on that one I think. I could have gotten it for a decent chunk less but it’s tough to house too many delicate lamps for me.

judy likes this.
  6. judy

judy Well-Known Member

I have several antique panel lamps and love them all.

Not all of them perfect, one or two have a cracked panel, but I love them still. I think I might have paid $250 for the one I pictured.

BoudiccaJones and J Dagger like this.
  7. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

B&H made a variety of lamps. Shade could be right for this. Shade, at least, looks period to the lamp.

J Dagger likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted