Featured A set of NATALIE SURVING art pottery cups

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Bigfoot, Jan 29, 2020.

1. Bigfoot

Bigfoot Active Member

HELLO ALL ..I purchased cups from my favorite thrift..I contacted surving studios and the care taker told me Natalie had just passed away and her husband passed away recently too...she told me they went in business in the early 1980's..she said she mainly made tiles and some figurines...she did work all over the world including pottery for Disney animal kingdom...she asked me to send photos...she was shocked when she saw these..she told me these sat on Natalies window sill in her kitchen..she had made them for herself..a few years back had gave a lot of pottery to an auction house and they went out of business and never saw them again...this is the elephant and tiger but I was told there were 3 others..a lion ram and zebra..she told me her prices are starting to sky rocket..right now her tiles are priced right..I feel there a sleeper but her figures are going for big balloons..how much will it effect the value having her personal one of a kind pieces..google her its very interesting..thanks in advance for your opinions..Andy PICT0010.JPG PICT0011.JPG PICT0012.JPG PICT0013.JPG PICT0014.JPG PICT0015.JPG PICT0016.JPG PICT0017.JPG PICT0018.JPG

2. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

Very well done, a sleeper indeed, good catch! ;)

KikoBlueEyes likes this.
  3. wiscbirddog

wiscbirddog Well-Known Member

Check back at the thrift - perhaps the others will show up too. Nice snag!

pearlsnblume likes this.
  4. blooey

blooey Well-Known Member

nicely done!

pearlsnblume and KikoBlueEyes like this.
  5. Bigfoot

Bigfoot Active Member

if I ask them they will never ever put them out..there very weird that way..but sometimes things get shuffled back and come out months later or in another one of there stores..I bought a bowl in one store and found the lid same day in the other store..I bought a coin silver spoon from them hallmarked and monogramed..2 years later the other one came out..I still have them..am I allowed to put a photo of them

6. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Sure ! We have a finds thread for just such a thing.

7. Bigfoot

Bigfoot Active Member

I was just going to show you a photo on here

8. KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes Well-Known Member

Great story!

pearlsnblume likes this.
  9. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

best on the silver forum...

pearlsnblume likes this.
  10. Bigfoot

Bigfoot Active Member

thanks again...I just wanted to show you guys my war story..I already know what they are..now I have to pray the rest of the surving pieces come out

pearlsnblume likes this.
  11. wiscbirddog

wiscbirddog Well-Known Member

Good luck!

pearlsnblume likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted