Featured A Tall Goddess of Loveliness! Thomas Goode & Co.

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by vitry-le-francois, Oct 23, 2023.

1. vitry-le-francois

vitry-le-francois Well-Known Member

Was Thomas Goode & Co. a manufacturer or just the retailer? I see his name on lots of stuff with other manufacturers' names? Anyway, is this Dione? Or just some other random Goddess? THANKS!

2tall17.jpg 2tall17.jpg 2tall10.jpg 2tall2.jpg 2tall1.jpg

2. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

What do you see that makes you think Dione? Or is that a typo for Diane? I see nothing that indicates the goddess of the hunt. Since the lady is statuesque, I suppose she could be the Titan mother of Aphrodite, but not too sure that's what the artist had in mind. She's way cool though.

sabre123 and Any Jewelry like this.
  3. vitry-le-francois

vitry-le-francois Well-Known Member

Other similar figurines has the same style/shape so I am assuming it's her.

johnnycb09 and Bronwen like this.
  4. kentworld

kentworld Well-Known Member

T. Goode was a retailer.

sabre123 and Bronwen like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted