Abstract? watercolor need help

Discussion in 'Art' started by Kevolee, Feb 1, 2020.

1. Kevolee

Kevolee Well-Known Member

Hi, I guess this is an abstract watercolor. If anyone recognizes anything about it or the style that would be a big help. Also there is a written blurb on the backside and I am not even sure of the language to make a stab at translating it. With the frame it measures 12" by 8.5" and the image size is 6.25" by 4.50". IMG_3086.JPG IMG_3087.JPG IMG_3090.JPG IMG_3089.JPG As usual any help or leads will be appreciated.

2. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

I believe it is Russian and the writing is in the Cyrillic alphabet. The purple printing on the back gives a price, in Russian. I think that part says 1 ruble and 80 kopecks. The price might be for the board rather than for the painting.

3. Figtree3

If nobody else chimes in about the handwritten part, I'll try to look in later when I'm at a computer and also more awake!

anundverkaufen and Any Jewelry like this.
  4. aaroncab

aaroncab in veritate victoria

Not abstract, as the subject matter is readily discerned.

5. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Agree. The name of the castle or town is probably among the Cyrillic words on the back.

Figtree3 likes this.
  6. Figtree3

I can't make out the writing well enough yet to translate. The last line showing is the title of the picture, as it has quotation marks around it.

Russian does not have a letter that looks like our capital V. So the word in the second line must start with another letter.

7. Kevolee

Kevolee Well-Known Member

Thanks for the information. Would expressionist be a better choice than abstract? I'm not sure I could read the writing that well even if I knew the language. Reminds me of my own chicken scratch stuff.

anundverkaufen likes this.
  8. anundverkaufen

anundverkaufen Bird Feeder

Yes.

9. David Madacsi

David Madacsi Active Member

looks like could be ЦЕНД ... KOП

Draft saved Draft deleted