Featured Advice and Opinion on Vienna Porcelain Vase 1749-1827

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Mario, Jun 23, 2016.

1. Mario

Mario Well-Known Member

Measures 6"H top opening 6-3/4", has old staple repair, small chip on foot. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Will be posting some other item asking for help, mostly antique Delft tiles.

Attached Files:

2. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

I hate to say it, but I don't think it's old. The base looks all wrong for an old piece, and exactly right for something that matches the mark on the bottom that says 83. On the other hand, there are a lot of people who know a lot more about porcelain than I do.

3. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

That was my first thought too.
    Then I saw the staple repair - Is that being copied now? I only know of staples in a lead color. This looks like brass, but that might be the lighting.
    upload_2016-6-23_23-46-31.png

Mario -
    If this is indeed an old piece, it is not a vase, but a lady's spittoon.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Lad...MKHVGPCRYQ_AUIBygC#tbm=isch&q=Lady's+spittoon

4. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

Also want to add:
    If old - not as old as you think. More like 1880s - early 1900s.

Draft saved Draft deleted