Featured Age and info on hall table

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by KSW, Nov 10, 2021.

1. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

I’ve been offered this for free but I know nothing about furniture or if it’s of value but it is a lovely table. Presumably English made. They said mahogany but looks like oak to me.
    Any ideas on age please?
    Thanks for looking .
    4DE19713-2496-4223-871F-EB5DC9CC65B6.jpeg 806780D0-0D94-40CD-A113-0404BF573460.jpeg C3D7B008-D3CF-4F5F-AB5E-B94EA8C17CDA.jpeg D248451D-DEC9-4E91-B8F8-7CC43E6D9CD5.jpeg A47AEADD-16DE-4CD5-AF66-EF8481F53658.jpeg

2. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Me too.
    I like it, but I know nothing of the UK market. It is brown furniture.:nailbiting:
    But then again, it is free.;) (I am Dutch:p)

Bronwen, KSW and NewEngland like this.
  3. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

I’m a Brit, I get you :kiss:

Any Jewelry and Bronwen like this.
  4. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

It's pretty. Not sure what I'd do with it, but for free? My parents were both Depression/WWII babies. Grab now and worry about it later!

Bronwen and KSW like this.
  5. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

My mantra: "Free is Good."

Debora

SeaGoat, Bronwen and KSW like this.
  6. Msalicia

Msalicia Well-Known Member

I think it’s great! Nice pull on drawer. I can tell the bottom is oak but not sure from angle of pic about top. That is a tavern table I think. The lion reminds me of a Scottish crest lion. May be wrong but it’s worth grabbing if u have space. I’m not thinking it was used much no foot wear I can see.

7. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

Thanks All!
    I think Antiquers should have a Coat of Arms and in one of the corners it will say
    I’ve decided it’s not for me to take on as my house isn’t big enough and I haven’t got anywhere to store it. I’m working on a friend of a friend to have it and the matching hall stand so they stay together.
    If I had a storage unit I’d have whisked it away in a blink!.

Any Jewelry, Debora and Bronwen like this.
  8. Gus Tuason

Gus Tuason Well-Known Member

Very nice. It's all oak and it looks to be pegged/doweled at the joints. I wonder what the hall stand looks like?

Msalicia and Bronwen like this.
  9. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Oh Davey.....! If it were local I'd say if all else failed the local ReStore would love to get their fingers on it. Does OxFam or similar take furniture?

10. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

62751C64-8421-4984-B4EF-4A5A5F0D3B31.jpeg

Bronwen likes this.
  11. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

I'd grab that. It looks late 19th to me, out of fashion but nicely made. Interesting armorial: I wonder where it came from.

Bronwen, Francisco G Kempton and KSW like this.
  12. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

It’s lovely isn’t it. He said family heirlooms but no history known. He also said it didn’t fit in with his decor which I find sad that family pieces are scrapped. Hopefully I’ve found it a home.

13. Gus Tuason

Gus Tuason Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting the hall tree. It' wonderful! Beveled mirror and umbrella pans intact and in good shape. I am green!

KSW, Bronwen and Any Jewelry like this.
  14. Francisco G Kempton

Francisco G Kempton Well-Known Member

For me it appears to be a very good quality table, and very well carved oak with such a good patina. I think it is very decent table. I hope your friend appreciates it.

Gus Tuason, KSW and Bronwen like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted