Log in or Sign up
Antiques Board
Home
Forums
>
Antique Forums
>
Antique Discussion
>
AI compares Etsy vs Ebay
>
Reply to Thread
Message:
<p>[QUOTE="pearlsnblume, post: 13160213, member: 141"]I would say no. Unfortunately, Etsy does so much advertising about handmade items that they overlook that vintage sells there as well. I recently saw a commercial on tv for etsy and they featured ONE seller who made her own items. I have people tell me all the time, they don't realize etsy has vintage.</p><p><br /></p><p>During the football season a few years they bought an ad for the superbowl and it revolved around one handmade item, I think it was a cutting board. One million dollars spent on a stupid ad in French or something for a cutting board. </p><p><br /></p><p>Ebay everyone knows about. I think that is true for etsy too now. But I don't know of any other venue that is as really famous. Many people started their own websites on</p><p>Shopify which is a huge challenge. There is Ruby Lane but if I remember right, they charge a huge amount to sell there.</p><p><br /></p><p>There is vinted as well which is a division of etsy I think. </p><p><br /></p><p>Bonanza is a terrible site. I was there for a year many years ago with no sales.</p><p><br /></p><p>The real key to getting more sales is to be easily found on google search which shows you where that item is being sold and the price. </p><p><br /></p><p>I wish we all knew what and how to make big money.[/QUOTE]</p><p><br /></p>
[QUOTE="pearlsnblume, post: 13160213, member: 141"]I would say no. Unfortunately, Etsy does so much advertising about handmade items that they overlook that vintage sells there as well. I recently saw a commercial on tv for etsy and they featured ONE seller who made her own items. I have people tell me all the time, they don't realize etsy has vintage. During the football season a few years they bought an ad for the superbowl and it revolved around one handmade item, I think it was a cutting board. One million dollars spent on a stupid ad in French or something for a cutting board. Ebay everyone knows about. I think that is true for etsy too now. But I don't know of any other venue that is as really famous. Many people started their own websites on Shopify which is a huge challenge. There is Ruby Lane but if I remember right, they charge a huge amount to sell there. There is vinted as well which is a division of etsy I think. Bonanza is a terrible site. I was there for a year many years ago with no sales. The real key to getting more sales is to be easily found on google search which shows you where that item is being sold and the price. I wish we all knew what and how to make big money.[/QUOTE]
Your name or email address:
Do you already have an account?
No, create an account now.
Yes, my password is:
Forgot your password?
Stay logged in
Antiques Board
Home
Forums
>
Antique Forums
>
Antique Discussion
>
AI compares Etsy vs Ebay
>
Home
Home
Quick Links
Search Forums
Recent Activity
Recent Posts
Forums
Forums
Quick Links
Search Forums
Recent Posts
Gallery
Gallery
Quick Links
Search Media
New Media
Members
Members
Quick Links
Notable Members
Registered Members
Current Visitors
Recent Activity
New Profile Posts
Menu
Search
Search titles only
Posted by Member:
Separate names with a comma.
Newer Than:
Search this thread only
Search this forum only
Display results as threads
Useful Searches
Recent Posts
More...