Featured Alexandrite/Neodymium Glass Cigar Ashtray

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by *crs*, Nov 8, 2017.

1. *crs*

*crs* Hippy Dippy Antiquer

Any ideas as to who dunnit? Alexandrite/Neodymium glass cigar ashtray with a sailboat/schooner in the middle. 9" long x 5" wide x about 2" high. I searched just about everything I could think of including Google images. AshtraySailboat.JPG

AshtraySailboat2.JPG AshtraySailboat4.JPG

AshtraySailboat5.JPG

AshtraySailboat6.JPG

AshtraySailboat3.JPG AshtraySailboat7.JPG

2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

Tall ship...cool !!

judy, yourturntoloveit and *crs* like this.
  3. Bdigger

Bdigger Well-Known Member

Very cool. I have never seen one like it. Not surprised you couldn't find one like it. Guesses would be Czech or German.

judy, yourturntoloveit and *crs* like this.
  4. *crs*

It was suggested elsewhere that Czech was a possibility. Big question is who? May have to rely on just playing up the Alexandrite/Neodymium factor

Last edited: Nov 8, 2017
    judy and yourturntoloveit like this.
  5. Bdigger

Unless it is signed moser. Maker won’t matter. The color change is excellent, and that is what will sell it. Let me know when you list it.

6. *crs*

Thanks Bdigger. I will let you know. Just because I have no idea as t value I will most likely start it tonight around 8:30 PM EST on a 10 day auction.

I'm still not receiving notifications when someone responds to my post. :-( I've double checked the setting here and they are set to receive.

The last two pics would be an awesome gallery pic but I don't know how to make them into one picture.

judy likes this.
  7. Bdigger

The last picture with the side by side would be a good gallery picture. Ashtrays have lost in popularity, I'm guessing that it would go around $55. But I may be way off base. Sometimes a good color change like that will set off a bidding war.

*crs* and judy like this.
  8. *crs*

dgbjwc and judy like this.
  9. Bdigger

got it! Thanks. PUT IT ON MY WATCH LIST~

*crs* likes this.
  10. *crs*

Ha! I figured it out in Paint how to put them side by side.

judy likes this.
  11. *crs*

I was hoping you end up with this Bdigger. Someone used a snipe program or has one helluva internet connection.

judy likes this.
  12. Bdigger

That's ok. It was my fault. I thought I was going to be around for the auction end,so I just put in a bid thinking I would increase it later, but didn't get back in time to do it. I don't know why I didn't make my initial bid higher, but oh well, live and learn! :cat:

*crs* and judy like this.
  13. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

because the 1st bid was a marker...or watch it bid.....thinking you'd be back...

judy likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted