Featured All I can tell you, is it's out there if you search long enough

Discussion in 'Silver' started by MrNate, Nov 28, 2019.

1. MrNate

MrNate Well-Known Member

Hi everyone, this posting is two stories. As always, my hope is to inspire a few folks to find their own treasure as I have managed to do. The first one is a nice and heavy bracelet I took a gamble on. I'm honestly not sure what to make of it, I tested the bracelet many times from the same spot and it definitely tests as silver. I can't find a purity or makers mark anywhere on it. I gambled on it for $16 total, and I'm looking forward to polishing it up!

IMG_2693.JPG IMG_2696.JPG IMG_2695.JPG IMG_2683.JPG

Any Jewelry, Xristina, cxgirl and 6 others like this.
  2. MrNate

MrNate Well-Known Member

For the second story, I'm going to keep the details to a minimum. I can tell you that I found these items online, and I was actually on the road close by when I saw the posting. After finding the listing, I made an offer which the seller accepted and we met up. If I can give any advice to others if your local area isn't that great, I'm shocked every week by what you can find online if you know what you are doing. I spend a TON of time searching, I'm working my butt off but all I need is to believe that if I search long enough I'll find it, there's treasure just out there ready to be found. I hope you enjoy the photos. I'll get some better ones this weekend or next week. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

IMG_2698.JPG IMG_2699.JPG IMG_2700.JPG IMG_2701.JPG IMG_2702.JPG IMG_2703.JPG IMG_2704.JPG IMG_2705.JPG IMG_2706.JPG IMG_2707.JPG

3. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

Very nice again. Love that cake server thingy.

MrNate, cxgirl and Christmasjoy like this.
  4. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Drool ! Correct me if Im wrong,but native american silver quite often wasnt marked . I think maybe that bracelet is NA.

5. MrNate

MrNate Well-Known Member

That’s what I was wondering myself. I’m always cautious when there aren’t any marks, but I don’t think there’s any sense in testing more. There’s always a chance I’ll find a mark after the tarnish is gone, but I looked it over very carefully.

6. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

I think the bangle is NA, and probably Navajo. @Any Jewelry ?

7. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

That sterling pattern is really lovely.
    What do you do with all the patterns? I hope you don't scrap the really nice ones.

cxgirl, judy, Christmasjoy and 2 others like this.
  8. MrNate

MrNate Well-Known Member

The first thing I do is I admire the set as I polish it slowly. That's honestly my favorite part, working on each item and bringing them back to a perfect shine. Next thing I usually do is find a nice flatware box for them. The box that was included with this set was pretty beat up. I can usually find a good box at the thrift stores if I'm patient. To answer your question directly, I have never scrapped a set, and I hope I never do. I've sold a number of my sets and still have some sets, my long run plan is usually to resell them to keep from accumulating too much and to get back the $$ I paid for items.

9. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

So glad to hear this.
    I was a little worried.

judy, Christmasjoy, Aquitaine and 2 others like this.
  10. Hollyblue

Hollyblue Well-Known Member

The photos are not in focus of the bracelet,it doesn't looks right for NA.

judy, Christmasjoy and MrNate like this.
  11. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

It looks like someone copying NA style, but it's not hand stamped.

judy, Christmasjoy and MrNate like this.
  12. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

There's always a bride or bride to be out there somewhere!!!!

13. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

Congrats Mr Nate, your hard work has paid off for you, that is a beautiful set:) I can't wait to see the bracelet once you have polished it up:)

clutteredcloset49 likes this.
  14. DragonflyWink

DragonflyWink Well-Known Member

Gonna suggest that you not over-polish that bracelet to a bright finish - it is clearly hand-made, and while I'm not able to do any hunting around right now, I believe it is most likely Navajo, would guess circa 1930s-'50s...

~Cheryl

15. DragonflyWink

The International/Rogers set is 'Bridal Veil', introduced in 1950.

~Cheryl

cxgirl and MrNate like this.
  16. DragonflyWink

17. MrNate

MrNate Well-Known Member

I truly appreciate the additional info, I’ll follow your advice on the polish

cxgirl likes this.
  18. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Regarding the cuff bracelet, I'm with the others who said very likely Navajo.:)

upload_2019-11-30_14-58-13.jpeg

cxgirl and MrNate like this.
  19. MrNate

MrNate Well-Known Member

I did my best to not over polish, here's the bracelet:

IMG_2811.JPG IMG_2812.JPG IMG_2813.JPG IMG_2814.JPG IMG_2815.JPG IMG_2816.JPG IMG_2817.JPG IMG_2818.JPG IMG_2819.JPG

Any Jewelry and aaroncab like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted