Featured All Lace ID posts should be gathered into one and pinned to top

Discussion in 'Textiles, Needle Arts, Clothing' started by Bev aka thelmasstuff, Jun 17, 2020.

1. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Bev aka thelmasstuff Colored pencil artist extraordinaire ;)

Those posts are really educational. I'd like to see them pinned to the top for reference, maybe in one post.

2. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

3. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

GREAT idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I STILL have a question for Leslie!!!!

4. Northern Lights Lodge

Northern Lights Lodge Well-Known Member

Hi @Aquitaine ! I've just returned home after a long weekend! First one in MONTHS! What is your question?? :)
    Leslie

5. Northern Lights Lodge

[QUOTE="Bev aka thelmasstuff, Hi Bev, I'd be glad to do that - but I have no clue how. If anyone knows; or wants me to do this... send directions!
    Leslie

6. DragonflyWink

DragonflyWink Well-Known Member

Good idea! And Leslie, believe you pretty much answered my question on the piece I asked about, but still want to post it, just haven't gotten decent pics yet...

~Cheryl

Northern Lights Lodge likes this.
  7. Aquitaine

WOW!! You're quick!! AND Thank you!!! OK, FIRST image is of the Wedding Bell pillow cases end.....following are close-ups of the stitching -2 of front side first and last two are of back side - to see if/how they can be removed from the badly stained cases, please.... hopefully the close-ups are clear enough for you to tell.....to me they are very tiny stitches!!! AND I HOPE YOU ENJOYED YOUR WELL DESERVED WEEKEND!!!!!:happy::happy::happy:

WED BELLS PLLOW CASES.jpg

WED BELLS 2XGD-FRNT.jpg

WED BELLS 4-FRNT.jpg

WED BELLS BCKSIDE2.jpg

WED BELLS-BACKSIDE1.jpg

Last edited: Jun 18, 2020
  8. Northern Lights Lodge

Hi again @Aquitaine
    What a darling pattern! I can see why you want to save it! Little wedding bells! I'm surprised that the lace is so pristine if the cases are ruined! Oh well, it is what it is! Yes, I do believe we are in "luck"! This is one of your "backside shots". I can't see it from the front - but these diagonal stitches are the "whip stitch" which holds the lace to the fabric! Using care; you should EASILY be able to remove the whip stitch! bells._LI.jpg
    I've marked the diagonal stitch itself on the right side and just arrowed the stitches on the left.

Get yourself a sharp, fine pair of scissors, magnifying goggles if you need to, and a good size needle, like a darning needle. Be sure to work on the back side where these diagonal stitches are more obvious. Pick one of the diagonal stitches and to be "sure" that it is a "whip stitch"; run your darning needle under it - between the thread and the fabric. Pull a little and see if it puckers up the fabric. If it does; it is undoubtedly the "whip stitch". Clip that thread. You should be able to work from side to side; putting your darning needle under each whip stitch and get it to pull free. If it gets too long; cut that whip stitch that you have pulled out to a more reasonable length! *Hint: If you use the "blunt" end of your needle (with the eye); you won't poke into the thread or the fabric easily. Of course, don't poke your finger! When you get to the "end"... use your goggles if necessary to probe a little with your darning needle to see which thread "easily" lifts out. They may have done several stitches there to end or begin the thread. Once you have the whip stitch free; you should have a lovely length of joined lace from each pillowcase! Let the new project begin! New pillowcases?? They would make an awesome wedding gift!

By all means; if you have any other questions; concerns; issues; problems - do contact me! Good luck! You CAN do this!

PS. I did have a lovely weekend!
    Leslie

Any Jewelry and Aquitaine like this.
  9. Aquitaine

AND thank YOU so MUCH for your reply @Northern Lights Lodge!!!!!!!

10. Northern Lights Lodge

You are welcome! Let me know how it goes!

Aquitaine likes this.
  11. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Talk to Davey and see if he can do it.

12. Northern Lights Lodge

Ok... but, who is Davey?
    Leslie

13. Aquitaine

@daveydempsey is one of the Moderators who can do things like move postings and threads that we ‘ordinary’ people can’t do!!!!! I believe @Bookahtoo is a Moderator as well, but am not sure she has the ‘power’ to move things!!:happy::happy::happy::):):):smuggrin::smuggrin::joyful:

Northern Lights Lodge likes this.
  14. Northern Lights Lodge

Ok! Thanks! I’ll contact!

15. daveydempsey

daveydempsey Moderator Moderator

I've pinned them to the top.

So now the first 18 posts of the textile forum are pinned.

If I merge the threads then they all come under one title, the first thread, which defeats the object.

Aquitaine likes this.
  16. Bev aka thelmasstuff

I think the thread can just be called Lace Identification and we can choose the one we want to see. It's better than having dozens of them individually on the forum.

17. daveydempsey

daveydempsey Moderator Moderator

I'm not changing them again, we can't, it messes the whole forum up.

Aquitaine likes this.
  18. Northern Lights Lodge

No worries Davey! Thanks for your efforts!
    We'll manage! :)
    Leslie

Aquitaine likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted