All wood stopper with hole in shaft. 4" long

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by bercrystal, Jun 4, 2018.

1. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

This came along with a lot of hand forged tools I bought a couple of weeks ago. It is made from some lightweight wood & is very possibly hand carved. It is 4" long top to bottom, 1 1/2" across the top & 2 5/8" from just below the ridge under the handle to the bottom of the shaft. There is a very tiny hole in the shaft 5/8" from the bottom.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Thanks for any & all advice or opinions!!! :kiss::kiss::kiss:

BTW If you can't help with this one I am having a very needy Monday & hav multiple items up for ID help. :D:D:D:D

i need help and Christmasjoy like this.
  2. Kronos

Kronos Well-Known Member

Looks like a tuning peg for a musical instrument. The size though...

3. Messilane

Messilane Well-Known Member

4. bercrystal

Do they have all wood hand carved ones?

5. Kronos

Kronos Well-Known Member

Christmasjoy likes this.
  6. bercrystal

From what I could see these all had an indentation on both sides where mine is totally flat on both sides.

7. Kronos

Kronos Well-Known Member

I see a number of flat ones from a quick glance, but they were just a reference to show old wood pegs. They are all from violins/violas, which yours is obviously not from. It's just a peg for adjusting tension on something, be it a musical instrument or some other item. Nothing special or valuable.

Christmasjoy likes this.
  8. bercrystal

Thanks for your comments & this will be passed onto someone else to keep & use or whatever. One more thing out of my house. :happy::happy:

Draft saved Draft deleted