Amazing & interesting piece I found...please help

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Julie short, Jun 26, 2019.

1. Julie short

Julie short New Member

Hi everybody. I am new here and am hoping someone can lend some insight on this beauty I stumbled upon. I've never seen anything like it and am truly fascinated! Approx. 1 and 1/2 ft. Tall, very heavy-maybe 10-12 lbs, rough exterior, narrow opening at mouth. I've been researching and I'm thinking "incredibly" old, very reminiscent of Israeli oil or water transport vessel. I'm stumped but on a mission to identify and appraise! Give me your thoughts!

Attached Files:

komokwa likes this.
  2. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

First, greetings. Second ... you've got me. It could be ancient, or new made to look ancient. Or new not made to fool anyone. Someone who knows ceramics might be along shortly, but they'll need more pictures especially of the base and down the spout if you can get one.

Christmasjoy likes this.
  3. Julie short

Julie short New Member

Thanks. I'll upload more pics before the days over
    Thank you. I'll try to have more pics on by end of day. Any help.is apprecisted:)

Christmasjoy likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted