Featured Amber glass ID help

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Greekgirl, Apr 6, 2024.

1. Greekgirl

Greekgirl New Member

First time post here! I found a pretty amber glass either candy dish or compote. I’ve searched with Google Lens, Etsy, eBay, every place I could think of but cannot identify. It is extremely heavy. Any ideas what it could be? Thank you!

Attached Files:

Chinoiserie, bercrystal and mmarco102 like this.
  2. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

3. Chinoiserie

Chinoiserie Well-Known Member

Looks like it could be Czech to me with that cut to clear pattern.

Bronwen likes this.
  4. laura9797

laura9797 Well-Known Member

We had quite a few at the last estate sale house - most were Bohemian/Czech and a few were from China - particularly the wine hocks.

johnnycb09, Bronwen and Chinoiserie like this.
  5. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

I’d look at Egermann.

johnnycb09, Chinoiserie and Bronwen like this.
  6. Greekgirl

Greekgirl New Member

IMG_5557.jpeg IMG_5556.jpeg IMG_5554.jpeg IMG_5552.jpeg IMG_5553.jpeg Thank you so much for your responses. As suggested I did some reading on Egermann and spent hours scrolling through his pieces. I found nothing similar to what I have. The design doesn’t seem as intricate as what I’ve seen online. I will post more detailed photos. Thanks again!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2024
    komokwa and bercrystal like this.
  7. Greekgirl

Greekgirl New Member

8. bluumz

bluumz Quite Busy

I'm not a glassie but in the new photos the design looks molded, rather than cut. Any chance it's a clear glass piece with the coloring applied?
    I could be way off...

9. Really Old Guy

Really Old Guy New Member

I'd suggest amber stained, cut to clear...

Draft saved Draft deleted