Ancient Pre-Columbian Toltec Pottery Heads

Discussion in 'Tribal Art' started by Kasperscuriosities, Jun 3, 2016.

1. Kasperscuriosities

Kasperscuriosities Two hundred years too late.

These came in today. They are from Tula Hidalgo. They were discovered by archaeologist Alfonso Medellin Zenil who worked with Eduardo Matos. They were uncovered around 1970. Ignore the mess on my desk just wanted to snap a quick pic to share. They are small. about 2.5 inches tall and have been professionally mounted.

13335568_1100804336642736_8684616043532858984_n.jpg

lauragarnet likes this.
  2. springfld.arsenal

springfld.arsenal Store: http://www.springfieldarsenal.net/

Hope you have seen the movie "The Exorcist." Beware!!!

Kasperscuriosities likes this.
  3. Kasperscuriosities

Kasperscuriosities Two hundred years too late.

LOL. Funny story we have this tall Aboriginal mask and a client is interested in it but was afraid of bad juju. I told him i would get the low down on it for him from the owner. I am pretty sure this piece was made to sell to tourists in Australia but unfortunately the owner only knows it came from Australia he bought it in Arizona. So I don't have a way to convince the buyer that there is no juju. The owner told me to tell him to sage it. LOL. Oh well. It doesn't bother me so maybeit can find a new owner soon.

4. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

show me....

Draft saved Draft deleted