Featured And While We're on the Subject of Portieux Vallerystahl

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by dgbjwc, Nov 4, 2018.

1. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Hello Board Buddies - I believe this candy dish I picked up yesterday is the PV grape candy dish. It's about 5 7/8" tall and 4" across the top opening. Just posting since PV came up in a recent thread. Thanks!
    Don

IMG_20181104_121213653.jpg IMG_20181104_121258971.jpg IMG_20181104_121248941.jpg

2. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

That sure looks like the Jeanette(?) candy dish that was made in pink glass.

Wonder if Mosser here in US got the molds.

Haven't done any looking. Have to run in a few minutes. Will be back tonight.

3. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

If you've got Chiarenza & Slater's The Milk Glass Book see illustration #173. I don't believe it was reproduced in blue milk glass but I could be wrong. It's also possible it was reproduced overseas as I believe some of the PV candlesticks were.
    don

4. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

5. scoutshouse

scoutshouse Well-Known Member

i need help likes this.
  6. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi,
    Now you done it. I have Jeanette's shell pink and one in clear. Now I have to find it in blue.:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
    greg

7. msgood2shoe

msgood2shoe Well-Known Member

Looking at examples of Jeannette vs PV, it seems the feet are good indicators of who made the piece. Also, Jeannette seems to always have a stippled background, PV, smooth.

i need help, scoutshouse and dgbjwc like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted