Featured Another gothic revival... but how old?

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by Grey Proctor, Nov 13, 2018.

1. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Well, it wasn't because of my hoarding. It ended up in my room when I still lived at home, and she said I could have it when I moved out. When I did, she decided she wanted to keep it.
    So I bought new bookcases, nothing special, which were so heavy with books that they had to be secured to the wall.
    And then she decided I could have it after she passed. By that time I had the new bookcases screwed to the wall, and no way of getting my mother's bookcase to our house and up the stairs to my study all by myself. The people who were supposed to help were busy reading my mother's books.:rolleyes: Which, admittedly, were very interesting.
    Anyway, I decided preserving what was left of my health after my mother's last years was more important at the time, so no Gothic Revival bookcase.:arghh:

Grey Proctor, James Conrad and judy like this.
  2. James Conrad

James Conrad Well-Known Member

Yeah, i hear you, life happens!

Grey Proctor and Any Jewelry like this.
  3. Drew

Drew Well-Known Member

To anyone who has an interest in Gothic design, this book is a must. Published in 1995, it explores the elements of 12th to 14th century Gothic and of course Pugin's fascinating contribution in launching it's revival in the 1840's. I consider it among the finest reference books I own ! Not cheap though.. . copy's are bringing about $100. 614C8RPT70L._SX378_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Draft saved Draft deleted