Another Inro, Netsuke an' Ojime

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by wlwhittier, Sep 29, 2026 at 5:11 PM.

  1. wlwhittier

    wlwhittier Well-Known Member

    The real problem with this one is that I have none of the significant information about it. I have had such, by the same Japanese dealer, when he evaluated the other one. But I cannot put my fingers on it...it's on paper, not stored inna cloud or otherwise digitally. I'll keep looking, but hold small hope given the local chaos.
    I am sorry for the pics...it's overcast & rainy, so available (LED) light...an' on curved, golden surfaces, or darkened parts of the accessories. Double pics of the single mark, again the best I could manage.
    The 4-case Inro is ~ 3 3/4" high, ~1 7/8" wide; total weight is 57 grams. The Ojimi looks to be an eggplant, the Netsuke suffers from not being traditionally 2-hole pierced for the cord; it's tied around the stem of the larger mushroom, though fully captive there. The insect is carved of the same material, not applied.
    If any of you can read the signature, I'll be very grateful.
    Thanks for lookin'!

    P1470331.jpeg P1470332.jpeg P1470333.jpeg P1470334.jpeg P1470335.jpeg P1470336.jpeg P1470337.jpeg P1470338.jpeg P1470339.jpeg P1470340.jpeg
     
Draft saved Draft deleted
Similar Threads: Another Inro
Forum Title Date
Antique Discussion Another whatsit. Part of a vintage lighter? May 12, 2026
Antique Discussion Another large soapstone Scarab Dec 7, 2025
Antique Discussion Another Phurba Jun 21, 2025
Antique Discussion Another Old Box-Age ? Mar 12, 2025
Antique Discussion ANOTHER Piece of Peranakan Porcelain Oct 25, 2024

Share This Page