Log in or Sign up
Antiques Board
Home
Forums
>
Antique Forums
>
Antique Discussion
>
Another Inro, Netsuke an' Ojime
>
Reply to Thread
Message:
<p>[QUOTE="wlwhittier, post: 13175387, member: 76316"]The real problem with this one is that I have none of the significant information about it. I have had such, by the same Japanese dealer, when he evaluated the other one. But I cannot put my fingers on it...it's on paper, not stored inna cloud or otherwise digitally. I'll keep looking, but hold small hope given the local chaos.</p><p>I am sorry for the pics...it's overcast & rainy, so available (LED) light...an' on curved, golden surfaces, or darkened parts of the accessories. Double pics of the single mark, again the best I could manage.</p><p>The 4-case Inro is ~ 3 3/4" high, ~1 7/8" wide; total weight is 57 grams. The Ojimi looks to be an eggplant, the Netsuke suffers from not being traditionally 2-hole pierced for the cord; it's tied around the stem of the larger mushroom, though fully captive there. The insect is carved of the same material, not applied.</p><p>If any of you can read the signature, I'll be very grateful.</p><p>Thanks for lookin'!</p><p><br /></p><p>[ATTACH=full]560696[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]560697[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]560698[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]560699[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]560700[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]560701[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]560702[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]560703[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]560704[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]560705[/ATTACH][/QUOTE]</p><p><br /></p>
[QUOTE="wlwhittier, post: 13175387, member: 76316"]The real problem with this one is that I have none of the significant information about it. I have had such, by the same Japanese dealer, when he evaluated the other one. But I cannot put my fingers on it...it's on paper, not stored inna cloud or otherwise digitally. I'll keep looking, but hold small hope given the local chaos. I am sorry for the pics...it's overcast & rainy, so available (LED) light...an' on curved, golden surfaces, or darkened parts of the accessories. Double pics of the single mark, again the best I could manage. The 4-case Inro is ~ 3 3/4" high, ~1 7/8" wide; total weight is 57 grams. The Ojimi looks to be an eggplant, the Netsuke suffers from not being traditionally 2-hole pierced for the cord; it's tied around the stem of the larger mushroom, though fully captive there. The insect is carved of the same material, not applied. If any of you can read the signature, I'll be very grateful. Thanks for lookin'! [ATTACH=full]560696[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]560697[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]560698[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]560699[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]560700[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]560701[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]560702[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]560703[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]560704[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]560705[/ATTACH][/QUOTE]
Your name or email address:
Do you already have an account?
No, create an account now.
Yes, my password is:
Forgot your password?
Stay logged in
Antiques Board
Home
Forums
>
Antique Forums
>
Antique Discussion
>
Another Inro, Netsuke an' Ojime
>
Home
Home
Quick Links
Search Forums
Recent Activity
Recent Posts
Forums
Forums
Quick Links
Search Forums
Recent Posts
Gallery
Gallery
Quick Links
Search Media
New Media
Members
Members
Quick Links
Notable Members
Registered Members
Current Visitors
Recent Activity
New Profile Posts
Menu
Search
Search titles only
Posted by Member:
Separate names with a comma.
Newer Than:
Search this thread only
Search this forum only
Display results as threads
Useful Searches
Recent Posts
More...