Log in or Sign up
Antiques Board
Home
Forums
>
Antique Forums
>
Jewelry
>
Another learning piece: Golden Bracelet
>
Reply to Thread
Message:
<p>[QUOTE="Happy!, post: 4408519, member: 237"][ATTACH=full]373904[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]373905[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]373906[/ATTACH] I gather this is gold on copper, see the loss on it. Lots of sweet dimple-like dents inside, indicating soft gold, I think. Wondering why it has that raised area inside?</p><p>It does appear to have a line on the outside that does not go under to the inside. On the inside it has 2 black splotches where the outside "line" would join up. As I am curious, I always wonder if that has something to do with how it was made.</p><p>Would this be gold plated or gold filled? I am searching bangle bracelet online; sensing this may be 1930s or older, what say ye? Lastly, wondering a rough value for selling it? I know no values normally given, but what would you price it at for if you are a seller? It is an adult-sized bracelet.[/QUOTE]</p><p><br /></p>
[QUOTE="Happy!, post: 4408519, member: 237"][ATTACH=full]373904[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]373905[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]373906[/ATTACH] I gather this is gold on copper, see the loss on it. Lots of sweet dimple-like dents inside, indicating soft gold, I think. Wondering why it has that raised area inside? It does appear to have a line on the outside that does not go under to the inside. On the inside it has 2 black splotches where the outside "line" would join up. As I am curious, I always wonder if that has something to do with how it was made. Would this be gold plated or gold filled? I am searching bangle bracelet online; sensing this may be 1930s or older, what say ye? Lastly, wondering a rough value for selling it? I know no values normally given, but what would you price it at for if you are a seller? It is an adult-sized bracelet.[/QUOTE]
Your name or email address:
Do you already have an account?
No, create an account now.
Yes, my password is:
Forgot your password?
Stay logged in
Antiques Board
Home
Forums
>
Antique Forums
>
Jewelry
>
Another learning piece: Golden Bracelet
>
Home
Home
Quick Links
Search Forums
Recent Activity
Recent Posts
Forums
Forums
Quick Links
Search Forums
Recent Posts
Gallery
Gallery
Quick Links
Search Media
New Media
Members
Members
Quick Links
Notable Members
Registered Members
Current Visitors
Recent Activity
New Profile Posts
Menu
Search
Search titles only
Posted by Member:
Separate names with a comma.
Newer Than:
Search this thread only
Search this forum only
Display results as threads
Useful Searches
Recent Posts
More...