Featured Another odd duck (duck laying on large egg on top of nest) ceramic/pottery sculpture

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by aaroncab, Apr 20, 2018.

1. Thank you, I have several more pieces however they are in storage. After I get settled I will share them. It may be a few months though.

Any Jewelry and i need help like this.
  2. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

@i need help here is the old you:)

3. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

Yes, My Alter Ego! :hilarious:

Phaik Hooi, Any Jewelry and cxgirl like this.
  4. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

great pieces Charlene:)
    I missed this thread when it was first posted, great piece Aaron:)

5. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

lol, I didn't realize this was an old thread, I was wondering what was going on:)

i need help likes this.
  6. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum, @Charlene Kelly .
    Gorgeous duckies, I would love to see the others.
    Waiting patiently;)
    [​IMG]

7. silverthwait

silverthwait Well-Known Member

Am so happy this thread reappeared! I felt such an extraordinary kinship with aaron's duck! Or my reaction to it anyway. :happy::happy::happy:

Any Jewelry likes this.
  9. Here are the rest of my ducks. I had them displayed with them in a line to land on the plate, hoping to do again when I get settled. Screenshot_20190323-122454_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20190323-122439_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20190323-122422_Gallery.jpg

10. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Gorgeous. And great fun.

11. Matt Gardner

Matt Gardner New Member

I dated Roger and Gwen's daughter, Darby, for over two years while in high school, and played soccer with their oldest son Garrett. I loved Roger, and his family! He is part of some of the best memories of my youth and one of the greatest men that I knew. I went with him and helped, a little, with a few of the art shows in St. George and Park City. I also had him as a ceramics teacher for three different classes that he taught at Utah Valley State College (now, Utah Valley University). He was a good friend to me. I always thought of him as a big child because he was so good-natured and seemed to take real joy in simple things. I respected him because he was a veteran of the Vietnam war, and he seemed to suffer from some PTSD. I never knew the details, but it seemed that he he had been through some terrible things due to the war. Anyway, I thought I would chime in and pay tribute to Roger. He was a great artist and a great man!

SBSVC, Any Jewelry, Mugzinnys and 2 others like this.
  12. Matt Gardner

Matt Gardner New Member

For the record, he loved antiques! His house was filled with old treasures. I went on a road trip with Roger and his family to the Oregon coast and we stopped at several antique shops along the way ;)

Any Jewelry, aaroncab and i need help like this.
  13. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

Welcome to the Forum, Matt! :)
    Thank you for an insiders perspective of the artist. Perhaps ceramics was a calming hobby and hopefully eased his mind. You speak with such respect, I’m sure it will give the owners of his art more appreciation of their pieces! :)

Any Jewelry likes this.
  14. Chiquita

Chiquita Well-Known Member

i need help likes this.
  15. SBSVC

SBSVC Well-Known Member

Matt, what a lovely tribute to him. Thanks so much for sharing your story.

Any Jewelry and i need help like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted