Another old pot metal necklace

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by mekanah18, Apr 6, 2022.

1. mekanah18

mekanah18 Active Member

Hi everyone! I have what I think is another pot metal necklace. The weight and feel of it is denser than earlier pieces and I'm thinking this could be 1930's-1940's? no makers mark or stamps. It's length is quite short also at 14". All the beads are glass and I can't see any other way the stones could have been set besides some type of glue

IMG_1874.jpg IMG_1875.jpg IMG_1876.jpg

LauraGarnet02 likes this.
  2. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

From the design, length and colorway, I'd think that was 1950s. Let's see what others think.

Debora

3. mekanah18

mekanah18 Active Member

Interesting! I also thought it was similar to 1960's in design but not quite right. That would make sense that it's from the 50's. A precursor to the 60s

4. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Before I scrolled down to read Debora's reply, I thought fifties.

mekanah18 likes this.
  5. Pattywithay

Pattywithay Well-Known Member

50's/60's lucite. It looks similar to Coro's "moonglow". I think it may be part of a necklace that the chain was added to.

mekanah18 likes this.
  6. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

I've got fifties necklaces of the same form: they look like a part necklace with two chain sections.

mekanah18 likes this.
  7. mekanah18

mekanah18 Active Member

Do you know if all moonglow beads used were lucite? I need to check again when I get home. The weight of it felt too dense to be lucite but that could just be the metal used.

8. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

Moonglow was also made in glass. Tap them on your front teeth, tap a piece of plastic and then a piece of glass, you will feel the difference.

mekanah18 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted