Another unsigned paperweight - sigh!!!!

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by bercrystal, Jul 11, 2017.

1. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

This paperweight came along on the shelf lot with the Alabaster bookends. It has a cut & polished bottom, but is not signed anywhere I could find.

It is 3 1/4" to the top.

I am hoping the unusual design might give someone a clue as to the maker. The orange & yellow "blob" in the center is covered with tiny bubbles. It kind of reminds me of a jellyfish. :happy::rolleyes::happy: The "blob" is surrounded by 6 "indented" spots that are open to the top.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Thanks for any & all advice or opinions!! :kiss::kiss:

yourturntoloveit and aaroncab like this.
  2. aaroncab

aaroncab in veritate victoria

My opinion is it's funky enough for me to love it!

3. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

I think it's a pen holder. No clue who made it. I have a customer on eBay who loves these things. Especially those with lots of holes.
    Don

yourturntoloveit likes this.
  4. bercrystal

I think it's a pen holder. No clue who made it. I have a customer on eBay who loves these things. Especially those with lots of holes.

They would have to be those skinny Bic pens or pencils. My chunky pen with the cushioned grip won't fit. :p:p

Off to search for paperweight pen holders. :D:D

5. bercrystal

Don - I think you may be correct. I found others including one with a very familiar user ID. ;):p:rolleyes::D:D:D

6. janettekay

janettekay Well-Known Member

I had one of these years ago....yes..called pen holders (though never did think they would be very convenient !) ...as I recall..mine was made in West Virginia...

yourturntoloveit likes this.
  7. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Yes, my customer doesn't want that one since it only has one hole. I think she forgets she's already contacted me, though, because I keep getting the same question (how many holes).:arghh: I really should update the description.:angelic:
    Don

judy likes this.
  8. bercrystal

Well maybe she will want this one since it has 6 holes. ;):p:rolleyes::D:D:D

Thanks for the assist!! :kiss::kiss::kiss:

judy, yourturntoloveit and dgbjwc like this.
  9. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

Likely not....she probably wants one with only 4 holes !! :p:p:p:woot::woot:

judy, dgbjwc and yourturntoloveit like this.
  10. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Fratelli Toso made a lot of these.

judy likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted