Featured Antique Asian Porcelain BUDD vase (Collection sticker: Buddha)

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Nathan Lindop, Sep 4, 2019.

1. Nathan Lindop

Nathan Lindop 1: “?” 2: “!”

Initially I didn't think this vase would be as old as it is. But nevertheless I have been shocked and I'm glad I picked it up so I can learn a little.

Does anybody know of this company? The debossed writing says BUDD but the sticker say buddha. Can't seem to find this company.

IMG_20190904_191859.jpg IMG_20190904_192844.jpg

2. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

it is a beauty. With a name like BUDD it is likely to be a Western (English?) made vase in an Asian style. Maybe @Ownedbybear knows the manufacturer?:)

Bronwen, scoutshouse and ulilwitch like this.
  3. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

The sticker is definitely vintage. Love the pomegranate color & gourd shape.

aaroncab likes this.
  4. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Looks late 19th to me with that colour and the dragonflies. And initially, I thought glass for a moment: it's very reminiscent of some double gourd ones I've seen.

I think that 58/6 is a price.

I'll go ponder.

patd8643 and Any Jewelry like this.
  5. kentworld

kentworld Well-Known Member

Hmmm... The dragonflies look like decals added later to a double gourd vase, but that footrim makes me think it’s been fired twice? Puzzler. And that BUDD Mark is niggling some faint memory in my brain. Sorry...just musing.

6. Nathan Lindop

Nathan Lindop 1: “?” 2: “!”

It looks cool. I'd have bought it if I had more space. I couldn't believe it was old

Draft saved Draft deleted