Featured Antique Beautiful Fountain Pen 14k Warranted Gold"Special Fountain Pen" On Box

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by antiquelover69, Oct 14, 2019.

1. antiquelover69

antiquelover69 Well-Known Member

I've never came cross a fountain pen with just"Special Fountain Pen" on priginal box.Beautiful scroll leaves,mother of pearl with instructions.I don't see a name and I've looked pen over with my loop. SAM_0001.JPG SAM_0001.JPG SAM_0002.JPG SAM_0003.JPG SAM_0088.JPG

2. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Pens were always popular graduation gifts and very few were marked. I remember getting a pen and pencil set for my grade school graduation (although ball points were in fashion by then). I wonder if this was advertised as a "special" fountain pen to try and make it a bit more salable. Sorry I can't be of more help.
    Don

3. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

Any info on the paper?

antiquelover69 and komokwa like this.
  4. antiquelover69

Thanks,I'm still looking.

judy and i need help like this.
  5. antiquelover69

No information on paper,just instruction on care of pen

i need help likes this.
  6. terry5732

terry5732 Well-Known Member

Circa 1900. 'Warranted' was the speak of the time for plated.
    May be a number on the bottom of it.
    If it were by a big name maker it would command a decent price.
    It is by a no name and has residual value with the damages.

judy and dgbjwc like this.
  7. antiquelover69

There's no number.I acquired a lot of older fountain pens in the storage,but all has names except this one.

judy likes this.
  8. Msalicia

Msalicia Well-Known Member

Where did it say 14k, on the nib or pen? Also, I noted the rubber dropper looks old, and dried. Does it mention the using that in instructions?

judy likes this.
  9. antiquelover69

I've sold this pen

komokwa likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted