Antique British and European Furniture

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by dave penny, Apr 30, 2016.

1. dave penny

dave penny New Member

Hi Folks
    Would any member know of any contacts for selling British and European antique furniture in bulk.
    We are based in Tenerife, in the Canary Islands where we run an antiques store, and I am interested in selling showroom ready items. Ideally by the container load.
    Mainly Victorian and early 20thC. furniture. All in restored condition and re-upholstered where needed. Smalls, etc. also available.
    We are experienced in export packing and shipping procedures.
    Any leads would be gratefully received.

2. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Hm. I think you'll do better in the US market than the UK, as brown furniture is so out of fashion here. The smalls you may do well enough with here. Maybe contact LAPADA? Stick an ad in the Antiques Trade Gazette?

3. afantiques

afantiques Well-Known Member

Tenerife has a pleasant climate but from a logistical point of view, for cheaper aquisition and easier shipping, somewhere like Hull seems more suitable if a great deal less pleasant.

Maybe shipping container loads to China would be viable, the new Chinese middle class may be a wide open market, unlike the US and UK.

4. dave penny

dave penny New Member

Hi Ownedbybear
    Thanks for your reply.
    I have also considered China as a possible outlet.
    The logistics from the Canary islands is not too bad to the States especially when shipping high value goods.
    We have sent containers to the U.S. previously without too much of a problem.

Draft saved Draft deleted