Featured Antique Chinese Plate and Tiny Bowls - Gothberg Help

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by KikoBlueEyes, Aug 7, 2022.

1. KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes Well-Known Member

I found this "set" of small antique Chinese plate and three tiny bowls today. So far, every site with similar items all refer to the late 19th/Early 20th Century. I know how to search Gothberg for more modern marks, but I am stumped how to use it for antiques. I would like to research the mark. The pieces aren't special except the been around for more than a century. The bowls don't have a mark except for one which has calligraphy on two sides. There are not matching patterns, so I don't know if this is a set or a collection of miscellaneous items. The plate is 5 inches in diameter and the bowls 2 1/4 inches. How can I go about this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

IMG_6083 (1).jpg IMG_6084 (1).jpg IMG_6085.jpg IMG_6086 (1).jpg IMG_6090 (1).jpg IMG_6095 (2).jpg IMG_6097 (1).jpg IMG_6098 (1).JPG IMG_6099 (1).JPG IMG_6102.JPG

2. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

You should be able to find it as a 20th century mark, but it may not be on every site. If Gotheborg doesn't have it, you could try this site (warning, long list;)):
    https://watersilkdragon.wordpress.c...-republic-1912-1949-and-other-marks-overview/
    They don't have to be special to be attractive. It is sweet household porcelain.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2022
    KikoBlueEyes and LauraGarnet02 like this.
  3. LauraGarnet02

LauraGarnet02 Well-Known Member

Playing around with the text reader and translator in the Lens image search. Shunyi Section probably means Shunyi District, part of Beijing. The machine refuses to highlight the lower line of text for reasons that are unfathomable to me.
    Screenshot_2022-08-08-12-37-51.png

Screenshot_2022-08-08-12-33-51.png

KikoBlueEyes and Any Jewelry like this.
  4. KikoBlueEyes

Thank you very much. I really appreciate the list. I scanned Gothberg and didn't find anything faintly like it. I'll look on the list you gave me. I never mind looking, since I might learn something for a future find.

BoudiccaJones and Any Jewelry like this.
  5. KikoBlueEyes

Wow. That's way cool. I never thought of doing that. Good information to start hunting with. Thank you so much!

6. MR.YANG

MR.YANG New Member

The 19th century China produces the cup and dish. Under the seal is the name of the manufacturer. The value is not high.
    I am a dealer in China.

7. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

go to introductions and tell us about yourself...
    we enjoy your help on all thing Chinese !!!

LauraGarnet02 likes this.
  8. MR.YANG

MR.YANG New Member

I am a Chinese, is also a porcelain collection, and the dealer. Now in China. Do you have any questions about the Chinese porcelain can ask me.

9. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

谢谢你....... thank you....

10. KikoBlueEyes

I appreciate the info. It’s always good to get first hand knowledge. Thank you.

11. KikoBlueEyes

Most appreciated. I often buy Chinese porcelain to lean about it and I would appreciate some first hand knowledge Thank you.

BoudiccaJones likes this.
  12. lvetterli

lvetterli Well-Known Member

Welcome to Antiquers @MR.YANG ! Thanks for your willingness to help with Chinese items.

Linda

KikoBlueEyes and komokwa like this.
  13. MR.YANG

MR.YANG New Member

Thank you, do you have any questions about the Chinese porcelain, can ask me. I am very willing to tell you what I know and understand.

BoudiccaJones and KikoBlueEyes like this.
  14. Jose Deleon

Jose Deleon Active Member

KikoBlueEyes likes this.
  15. KikoBlueEyes

Jose Deleon and Any Jewelry like this.
  16. kentworld

kentworld Well-Known Member

Interesting info. I usually think first half of 20th c when I see those stamped Chinese marks on the base.

17. Jose Deleon

Jose Deleon Active Member

My apologies trying to get @MR.YANG attention. My by early Republic heavy enamels.

18. KikoBlueEyes

Jose. My sincere apologies that I didn't explain myself adequately. I just wanted you to be able to get the help you needed. Kiko

Draft saved Draft deleted