Antique clock

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Duran, Feb 4, 2020.

1. Duran

Duran Member

Ok this clock has been in my family for many years. My mother is 73 and her mother had it since my mother was a little. Sorry only have the one pic. It still works and i think the horses are bronze. Any help with this for era and value? IMG_6255.jpg

elarnia likes this.
  2. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

It's a cool clock but I wonder if the lamp part is a later replacement for something.

Duran likes this.
  3. Duran

Duran Member

No, this the original as long as it has been in our family.

4. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Normally the folks who deal with this sort of thing want to see the working part of the clock. Can you post some pictures of the inside and a close, better lit view of the face and hands?

Duran likes this.
  5. Duran

Duran Member

Unfortunately im in Tx and the clock is in MN. Will have to ask if i can get better pics.

6. Drew

Drew Well-Known Member

I see a 1930s - 40s electric...(whats the name on the dial ? ). A figure clock, made of spelter. Sessions clock co. made similar types, but usually more deco in style. this ones more classical - nice clock. A couple more photos would be good ?

7. Duran

Duran Member

I am working to get more pictures as i dont have rhe clock with me. Is there a ballpark value

8. Drew

Drew Well-Known Member

Electric clocks are tricky... repair parts for most brands are hard to find, with the exception of 'TELETRON'....they produced large quantities of rotors before they went out of business (the part that fails). Yours is nice with the light, but electric clocks can be tougher to sell... I'll say $45. to $95. to someone who likes it's look.

Duran likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted