Featured Antique doll identification

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Bradley gibbins, Jul 13, 2018.

1. Bradley gibbins

Bradley gibbins New Member

Can anyone give me details on this doll? It is my grandmothers, we are trying to get any details we can on it, thank you. 80A50D55-0BE0-4738-AC2E-3DAEC9372213.jpeg E07A486D-9CF9-484E-AAF5-622CC69817CA.jpeg 1B992CF4-D9CD-44E1-93DF-079C2C2914FB.jpeg

2. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

Welcome to the Forum! I don’t know about dolls, but I think they could use more pictures, like the back, or any marks, sometimes on neck I think.
    @judy and @Christmasjoy may be able to help.

3. Christmasjoy

Christmasjoy Well-Known Member

Hi, Yes .. more pictures are needed. Get some pics of him with his gown off, and some shots of the back of his neck and shoulders .. also some pics of his arms ans legs where they are joined to his torso, as it stands right now I cant tell whether he is an 'all bisque' doll or a composition one. Does he have ANY markings on the back of his neck or on his shoulders .. more pics please, :) .. Joy.

4. Christmasjoy

Sorry, I meant to say that I can't tell if he has a bisque OR a composition BODY .. he has a bisque head though, he is a cute little guy, more pics please, :) .. Joy.

5. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Welcome to Antiquers, Bradley.
    It is very cute, I like the cheeky look.

6. judy

judy Well-Known Member

Welcome to Antiquers Bradley.

7. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Hi and WELCOME to Antiquers, Bradley!!! "He's" the cutest little doll ever!!!!:happy::happy::happy: What is he.....4 1/2" to 5" tall??

8. Christmasjoy

He is in "THE STYLE" of the Googlie doll with his side-turned eyes, but the painting of his mouth isn't quite right. Without new pics it is impossible to ID him .. if no markings at all he will be impossible to ID. Still very cute though, and he has some age to him ... Joy.

9. AuDragon

AuDragon Well-Known Member

Hi Bradley and welcome.

10. James Conrad

James Conrad Well-Known Member

At this point I'd have to say, Joy collects dolls!

11. judy

judy Well-Known Member

I'd say you're correct!! :)

I keep watching this thread to see if Bradley provides extra photos.

The little doll could be Japanese or German.

German dolls are usually a finer grade, but this one does not have much detail.

Priceless to Bradley's family.

Not so much to a doll collector.

It might just be the right size for a doll house, and this doll might have been made to be a "doll house doll".

Although Joy loves every doll. I can't say that I do. I've collected many myself over the years, and I've seen prices dwindle greatly.

Joy mentioned the googly eye doll. I have but one, and I do love her.

A googly link in case you're wondering what they look like.......not sure what the market is for them today, but I would guess better than most antique dolls.

Hopefully Bradley will post again.

https://www.google.com/search?q=ANT...AhWBNd8KHSPqDOsQ9QEIOTAH#imgrc=_lzyyhG7yoTWqM:

12. judy

judy Well-Known Member

I should add that French dolls, Bru, Jumeau, etc. still hold their value pretty much.

13. James Conrad

James Conrad Well-Known Member

Another Doll collector!

14. judy

judy Well-Known Member

15. Any Jewelry

Our famous Doll Duo.:joyful: When in doubt, tag Joy and Judy.:)

16. judy

judy Well-Known Member

I wasn't going to comment until Bradly provided more photos, but googlies are so darn cute (at least I think so), that I thought I'd show you.

Thanks to Joy for pointing to that feature.

17. judy

judy Well-Known Member

scandigoogly.jpg Here is mine.....pardon the shameful dust. I will correct that!

She is dressed as a Swede......original to the doll.

View attachment 131902

BoudiccaJones, SBSVC, komokwa and 7 others like this.
  18. Any Jewelry

19. judy

judy Well-Known Member

TY AJ!

I was going to wait til I removed the dust before I poster her, but haste got the better of me!:shame:

20. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

I too love the impish, mischievous look both of the Googlies & Bradley's (hello, Bradley) dolls. I'm not an expert at all, but would like to see how the doll is jointed. C'mon @Bradley gibbins Stop teasing us! :happy:

Draft saved Draft deleted