Antique French Velocipede Horse Tricycle

Discussion in 'Sell' started by Phillip LaJoie, Apr 29, 2021.

1. This piece is in absolutely stunning condition. Based on my research, this was designed by Jean Louis Gourdoux for Jugnet out of Lyons France circa 1880s. All original, glass eyes still in place. About 27" in height and 36" long. These pieces typically sell in the high $5k range but this one needs a new home and so the price is $3750. Shipping will have to be arranged separately. I haven't been able to upload a pic because the site says my files are too large but here is a link to my dropbox location
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vclkvxj7u0ul4db/AAC5RIMVEq203xk3tLKEz6h-a?dl=0

Attached Files:

2. Ce BCA

Ce BCA Well-Known Member

What a fabulous item, good luck with the sale!

judy, ulilwitch and Any Jewelry like this.
  3. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

It is beautiful, good luck!

[​IMG]

4. Is there any interest in this piece here? I am willing to accept offers (It's not fitting into my new decor, both from a style and space perspective)

5. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

You may want to look around at some auction houses that may be holding a specialty auction that would encompass this type of item. JMHO

pearlsnblume likes this.
  6. Brian Warshaw

Brian Warshaw Well-Known Member

I've seen the one at the Museum de Velo at Tournus, France, which is just up the road from Lyon. Yours is a Class above the velocipede horse tricycle at Tournus. Good luck with finding a new home for it.

bercrystal likes this.
  7. bosko69

bosko69 Well-Known Member

8. Brian Warshaw

Brian Warshaw Well-Known Member

It's still a magnificent piece.

Have you approached any of the many velo museums in France. I had a quick loo for a list, but didn't find one, so it may be long haul, however, it might result in a successful outcome.

Draft saved Draft deleted