Featured Antique Furniture French prevention and Bedroom set

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by Snoop832, Feb 19, 2022.

1. Snoop832

Snoop832 New Member

Hi Can someone please tell me what these might be worth and who would buy them. There is no markings on them and my mom told me once they are coated in gold dust.

please let me know who might be interested located in Vernon NJ 07462

upload_2022-2-19_8-15-15.jpeg

upload_2022-2-19_8-16-40.jpeg

upload_2022-2-19_8-16-57.jpeg

Thanks Andy

2. judy

judy Well-Known Member

Hi Snoop!

Welcome to Antiquers............:cat:

Looks very Italian to me.........but that's a guess.

Wait for the furniture experts...............

@verybrad is one who would know.

Hi2022 and KikoBlueEyes like this.
  3. Snoop832

Snoop832 New Member

Thanks for the response…. My Mom came from Hungry and I’m not sure if it followed her here to the US or she bought it here in the US but it is definitely over 60years old. Just stunning pieces. I have more stuff that I will be adding. Everything must go what she has. Thanks again for the reply. Andy

Hi2022 and judy like this.
  4. Fern77

Fern77 Well-Known Member

I would think 60 years old is what they are. Brad and James and others might point as to possible realizable value, but it's not a style that's particularly en vogue.

Fid, Hi2022 and judy like this.
  5. Snoop832

Snoop832 New Member

Here is her bedroom furniture. Should I start a new thread?

upload_2022-2-19_8-42-37.jpeg
    upload_2022-2-19_8-42-56.jpeg
    upload_2022-2-19_8-43-13.jpeg

judy likes this.
  6. Snoop832

Snoop832 New Member

7. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Tables and lamp are in a 60s style that has been termed Hollywood Regency. Popular in CA but would think you would have a market in the NJ/NYC area as well. We would not be able to give this away here in the Midwest where I live. Hard saying what they are worth in your area. You might search the style on ebay to see what others are bringing. Use sold prices, not asking prices.

Your bedroom furniture seems to be reasonably well made, French Provincial style, and from the 70s or so. Wood looks to be cherry, but I can not tell from the pictures if solid or a veneer. You can compare it to other well-made used furniture in your area for a value. It doesn't necessarily need to be compared to others French in style but would not compare it to MCM, for example, since it brings a premium.

komokwa, Hi2022, judy and 1 other person like this.
  8. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

What was "Prevention" supposed to mean in this context?

Darkwing Manor, Hi2022 and judy like this.
  9. verybrad

I took a minute and looked at ebay. There is a lot of leeway in what gets termed Hollywood Regency, and I did not find a lot comparable. I did find an end table that matched your coffee table exactly that sold for $523.00. The link was dead so have nothing to post here.

I also found this somewhat similar coffee table that sold for $225.00 in Brooklyn. They didn't ask any more than that, but I think they could have realized more.
    hollywood regency coffee table | eBay

Against my own advice, here is an unsold example of the end table that sold above.

VTG Hollywood Regency 3 three Graces Women Girls Goddess Glass Coffee End Table | eBay

komokwa and Hi2022 like this.
  10. verybrad

I assumed they meant French Provincial.

Darkwing Manor, Hi2022 and Bakersgma like this.
  11. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Ah That would make sense only to the auto-correct function. ;)

Darkwing Manor and Hi2022 like this.
  12. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Looks like the stuff my Cuban relatives in Miami have ! All thats missing is those Rain lamps . One thing Ive learned over the years is that theres really no telling what someone will buy. Weve all seen gorgeous Early American furniture languish for years,then stuff like this fly out the door. Id put it on a selling site,ask $500 then be willing to dicker.

Darkwing Manor, komokwa and Hi2022 like this.
  13. Snoop832

Snoop832 New Member

Definitely spelled it incorrectly for sure. Sorry!!

14. Snoop832

Snoop832 New Member

Yes thank you!!

15. Snoop832

Snoop832 New Member

Wow that’s as close as I seen it anywhere online. Thanks Verybrad

I’m just want to offload it to a good home. No offers refused but definitely have to get rid of it asap.

Hi2022 and judy like this.
  16. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

Hi Snoop832, welcome! Just to let you know, though nice none of this is antique. When it gets to be 100 years old you could call it antique :)

judy likes this.
  17. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

18. Snoop832

Snoop832 New Member

Draft saved Draft deleted