Featured Antique Heroin Bottle: Eli Lilly & Co. Indianapolis

Discussion in 'Ephemera and Photographs' started by Joe2007, Aug 15, 2020.

1. Joe2007

Joe2007 Collector

Recent find at an estate auction. Tying to figure out if this bottle is still collectable with the label in such rough condition. Unlike the many reproduction and "vintage style" bottles currently listed on eBay I believe mine is a period piece.

antique pharmacy bottle.jpg

2. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

Joe2007 likes this.
  3. sunday silence

sunday silence Well-Known Member

I have not collected this bottle specifically, but in general: larger bottles, sintered bottles and nice labels will double the price if you have at least two of these factors present. Having an infamous substance e.g. Heroin, Marihuana, Cocaine, will almost certainly double it again. So it looks like a real nice bottle you have here.

4. Joe2007

Joe2007 Collector

5. Joe2007

Joe2007 Collector

Thanks for the information!

6. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

I’m not a bottle collector but even I would be interested because it’s part of the history of a well known pharmaceutical company and it’s amusing that was one of the medicines they sold at the time. So I think you will find buyers. GL!

bercrystal likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted