Featured Antique jade clock - help with more info and value?

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Featherlightly, May 21, 2018.

1. I received some wonderful help here about an antique music box, and would love to see if anyone can help with another item I’m seeking info on. This is a 12” tall jade clock; the top, columns, and base are green jade, and I believe the other stone is white jade, but I’m not 100% sure. I’m trying to figure out where it’s from, what era, and what value it has, since I’ll be trying to sell it. Thank you in advance for any help!

Attached Files:

Figtree3, Any Jewelry, misun and 5 others like this.
  2. anundverkaufen

anundverkaufen Bird Feeder

3. Woah, thank you! I couldn’t find any markings but I’ll take a closer look. :)

Christmasjoy and anundverkaufen like this.
  4. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Im being nosy,but where are you getting all these treasures ??? Such amazing quality !

5. Not nosy at all! I’m getting them from two storage sheds full of inherited items from a relative who lived a very, very interesting life. So many amazing things... two documents had Abraham Lincoln’s signature... an absolute treasure hunt. I will likely be back on this forum a lot as more hard-to-identify items surface. :)

6. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

Wow, good comparison found, Anund. :)

Featherlightly, do look for that signature. I actually like your clock more than the one in the link.

If you click on "view details" on Anund's link, it says that the liveauctioneers clock is: "Signed on back cover Edward Farmer New York Sterling"

If you aren't seeing that, is there any chance the cover is a replacement? It sure looks like yours is a higher end clock from your photos.

P.S. Speaking of photos, be sure to click on "Full Image" when posting photos. Then the photos appear in the text, a bit easier for good viewing.

Last edited: May 21, 2018
  7. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Now I'm being nosy. If you don't mind, could you tell us something about this relative? Sounds like someone we would love to have known.

johnnycb09 likes this.
  8. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

I will say this,if the other things you find are of this quality,it might behoove you to have a major auction house take a look.That music box and this clock alone could be pricey,I cant imagine if all the other stuff is of the same level. I also might add I WISH I had your problem ! :)

9. afantiques

afantiques Well-Known Member

Can I see the back of the movement? Full image please.
    Where in the world are you?
    As a clock it does not seem to have much going for it, although it certainly looks unusual.

anundverkaufen likes this.
  10. anundverkaufen

anundverkaufen Bird Feeder

Draft saved Draft deleted