Featured Antique Lamp Question

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Drew, Mar 30, 2018.

1. Drew

Drew Well-Known Member

Just bought this rather nice, heavy & large table lamp base (27" tall). Previous owner had it rewired years ago, but never found a shade.... my question is, how uncommon are table lamps with four cluster sockets ? They're original Hubbell sockets w/acorn pull chains. I figure the date is 1900-1910. I've seen many three socket lamps of this type from the era, but not four ? I figure the next challenge - find a large mission slag glass shade of the same vintage. 985942871_tp.jpg 985942479_tp.jpg

Last edited: Mar 30, 2018
  2. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Kinda NEAT!!! Does look like it weighs a TON!!! LOVE to see it when you complete your mission and hide those light sockets!!! I think it belongs in a castle!!!:smuggrin::smuggrin::smuggrin:

Huntingtreasure likes this.
  3. Drew

Drew Well-Known Member

Will take my time to get the right shade. Lighting guru's like me really appreciate a lamp that have their original early sockets w/ their acorn chains... especially a cluster of four Harvey Hubbell's ! HubbellPullSocketAd-610x436.jpg

Figtree3 and Huntingtreasure like this.
  4. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Nice lamp! Is this iron? If so, possibly Bradley and Hubbard. Send it to me. I have the perfect shade for it ;)

5. Drew

Drew Well-Known Member

It's a zinc alloy of nice quality and weight. Previous owner had it rewired and no signature was found. I find it rewarding searching out unsigned lamps...the signed ones are bringing prices above my pay grade. Important to note that many higher end ones like Handel were zinc alloy, clad in bronze, not solid bronze - of course some were indeed solid. I do like B & H iron lamps. . . nice quality and design.

6. 916Bulldogs123

916Bulldogs123 Well-Known Member

7. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

Enjoy your new project!

Draft saved Draft deleted