Featured Antique pair of 1000 faces double sided Chinese Pien Mien!

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by kyratango, Oct 28, 2018.

1. kyratango

kyratango Bug jewellery addiction!

2. Piece Dove

Piece Dove Active Member

3. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Absolutely gorgeous, kyra, and very rare.
    I have a 1000 faces folding fan with matching case, the kind you see regularly. The square panels on your face screens elevate them above the quality of the 1000 faces folding fans.
    Are you sure? The 1000 faces folding fans are classic Cantonese export, I would think these are as well. The lacquer is not court standard either, but perfect for us commoners of course.:)
    The brightly coloured 1000 faces style was too fussy for the Chinese taste of the day. They were made for 19th century Westerners, who were thought to have a gaudy taste anyway.;)

4. kyratango

Of course, you are right! I was referring to the stricto sensu use of the Chinese Pien Mien:shame:
    The lacquer work is "poor" for Court standard indeed, so your indication they were for us, barbaric Westerners ;) totally accurate:) Thank you for your enlightening comment, Ô great fan Goddess:kiss:
    They will join my two others, stunningly embroidered double face single silk sheet!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. scoutshouse

scoutshouse Well-Known Member

6. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

7. Pat P

Pat P Well-Known Member

8. aaroncab

aaroncab in veritate victoria

I'm a big fan of these!

9. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

Fan-tastic !!!!
    Nice find Kyra !!!

10. kyratango

Thanks to you all for your wow's:joyful:
    It is important to clarify they were not fans, if used as, the silk would fragilize even more due to the rigid frame:(
    I salved old ostrich feathers fans from sellers who used them as dusters in their booths... Because of these once VERY precious things (blonde turtle shell mount, diamonds monogram were gold worthy! One could cost as much as a fashion horse cart!) became worthless in the 1980's:facepalm:

11. Any Jewelry

:jawdrop::dead::nurse:
    I had to catch my breath, stunning, kyra.:jawdrop:
    And stunning kyra.:happy::kiss:

12. AuDragon

AuDragon Well-Known Member

The Pien Mien are really beautiful as are the fans. Lovely.

13. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

14. BoudiccaJones

BoudiccaJones Well-Known Member

Gorgeous. Very grateful for having seen these. Thank you Kyra xx

15. kyratango

Thanks to YOU, Figtree:joyful:

Aww, Bou! :kiss:

16. BoudiccaJones

BoudiccaJones Well-Known Member

<3

Piece Dove, i need help and kyratango like this.
  17. kyratango

They just arrived...
    Totally ruined due to an inappropriate packing :arghh::rage: Resized_20181114_131240.jpg Resized_20181114_131347.jpg Resized_20181114_131437.jpeg Resized_20181114_131628.jpeg
    Two layers of thin bubble wrap, in a simple cardboard box...
    They'd have been safe tighly taped between two cardboard pieces before wrapping them in several layers of efficient bubble wrap:shifty:

I specify the original posting images are those of the listing!

The message I sent to the seller with pics:

"Hi,

The fans just arrived, though described with damages, which could be seen in your pictures, one is completely destroyed, due to the lack of protection!

They needed to be wrapped between two layers of cardboard too! The bubble wrap isn't rigid enough to protect such light weight fragile things...

I know your listing specifies "as is,no return, no refund", but if I'd have been pleased to get them AS THEY WERE, you'll understand I'm totally disappointed to get them in their ACTUAL STATE, due to an inappropriate packing!

Be sure I'm not used to hassle sellers, you can check my feed back review...

Waiting to hear from you about this issue, regards,

Pascale"

I'm so angry and deceived, if seller doesn't totally refund, I'll open a Paypal case:bored:

What do you, as sellers, think of my issue?:rolleyes:

18. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

Oh, that is terrible! I'm so sorry!

The only time that I bought an item that arrived with major damage, the seller was very cooperative and refunded all of the payment and also told me to keep the items (two bookends). They had packed very poorly with no padding except tissue paper and a little bubble wrap.

I'm not a seller but will wait to hear from others.

19. kyratango

Thank you Figtree3 for your compassion :kiss:
    I'm glad your case was solved happily, always sad to get what you wanted in bad condition due to poor packing...

20. Any Jewelry

Oh, kyra, I am so sorry. You were so looking forward to them, and they were such beauties.:bigtears:
    I agree, the poorest packaging imaginable. I have also had fans ruined because of poor packaging, but they were not as special as these screens. It always hurts to see history and exquisite handwork destroyed by a .....
    The seller should give you a full refund. As a seller, I would, immediately. Needless to say I don't send fans in such an amateur way.

That line in the listing "as is,no return, no refund", that is just not on. If the seller is in the EU you should always be able to send it back and get a refund, even if there is no damage. Outside the EU, well sellers should always take their responsibility, wherever they are.
    If the seller doesn't issue a refund, you are right to contact Paypal.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2018
Draft saved Draft deleted