Featured Antique pool stick

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Garydh, Nov 16, 2021.

1. Garydh

Garydh Well-Known Member

Good morning everyone this is A piece I’m always arguing with people about, this is an antique handmade pool stick and everybody wants it to be a cane or a Walkingstick but as you notice on the picture of the bottom this has never been used for walking so it’s a really cool piece and would love to hear what you think, it is 4‘5“ inches long and I don’t know why there’s a hand carved wooden knife attached to it I guess pool can get rough thanks 8570E37F-EFBA-496C-A3E6-CD13CF7EE449.jpeg FC531628-4AAB-4CB4-8846-BEB75CB105C8.jpeg 32BECF32-5E8A-4656-83DE-01AEEA4EC071.jpeg

Last edited: Nov 16, 2021
    pearlsnblume, dude, komokwa and 4 others like this.
  2. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

How does that work when the stick isn't straight? I find that difficult to believe.

3. wiscbirddog

wiscbirddog Well-Known Member

Used to play league pool & wouldn't mind playing against someone who would try & use this as a pool cue. Just sayin'. . .:rolleyes:

4. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Did someone tell you it was?

To me it looks like a shepherd's crook. The knife looks like one of those scoops shepherds use to dig out a clod of earth to throw it at the first sheep in the flock to move it along. They also throw earth at a sheep that has wandered too far off.
    Come to think of it, they do a lot of earth throwing.:confused: No wonder the planet is in the state it is in.:(
    :hilarious:

Last edited: Nov 16, 2021
    pearlsnblume, dude, stracci and 4 others like this.
  5. Lark

Lark Well-Known Member

maybe a joke?

pearlsnblume, dude and komokwa like this.
  6. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

You are so wise! ;)

pearlsnblume, dude, komokwa and 2 others like this.
  7. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

just cuz someone used a ferrule and tip of a cue....for their cane.....don't make it a pool cue...:inpain:

[​IMG]

pearlsnblume, dude, all_fakes and 3 others like this.
  8. Garydh

Garydh Well-Known Member

The knife is attached it doesn’t come off and look at the tip that is a pool stick tip it’s never anywhere near sheep or used as a cane

pearlsnblume and dude like this.
  9. Garydh

Garydh Well-Known Member

But that also doesn’t mean it’s not

dude likes this.
  10. Garydh

Garydh Well-Known Member

Pool cue, cane, or shepherds Crook it’s still a cool piece

dude and komokwa like this.
  11. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

:hilarious::hilarious:

Any Jewelry and Firemandk like this.
  12. Firemandk

Firemandk Well-Known Member

One of those rare circa 1900 plastic pool cue tips ? Me thinks a walking stick someone put a pool cue tip on ..... necessity is the mother of invention and I have seen many of her B@$t@rD children, heck , I may have made a few repurposing things . Interesting "stick" either way .

dude, komokwa, Gus Tuason and 3 others like this.
  13. bluumz

bluumz Quite Busy

Bingo!

14. Garydh

Garydh Well-Known Member

just because it looks different doesn’t mean it’s not A pool cue

15. Boland

Boland Well-Known Member

True I suppose.. Anyway somebody had an idea (and a spare plastic cue tip) Maybe for shepherd or mountain pool? Or maybe you should only use it when you are drunk and playing pool (to help level things out) But it is odd and cool in it’s own way..

dude likes this.
  16. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Garydh, did you try to play pool with it?
    I agree.

dude and Bakersgma like this.
  17. Garydh

Garydh Well-Known Member

No I don’t play pole but I was holding it and trying it out the way you would hold a pool cue and the balance on this thing is great

Any Jewelry likes this.
  18. DragonflyWink

DragonflyWink Well-Known Member

Not sure how you determined that the balance is great if you don't play pool, but it's basically a game of geometry and a straight cue is very important - this is a walking stick.

~Cheryl

Last edited: Nov 18, 2021
  19. wiscbirddog

wiscbirddog Well-Known Member

EXACTLY

Just thinking about trying to play pool with this item makes me giggle. :D

20. Msalicia

Msalicia Well-Known Member

I have to giggle too! First laugh is it’s only 11” shorter than I am. Second, I’m laughing at my stepson using it as a walking stick and he is 6’9” it would be at his chest as a walking stick. After the giggles I thought maybe the knife pivots? Is it 2 pieces? Looks like a possible connection.

Draft saved Draft deleted