Featured Antique Quarter Sawn Oak Dresser with Ornate Beveled Mirror

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by Darrin Herrera, Jan 20, 2018.

1. Hi All,

I would appreciate your thoughts on this dresser and mirror I am looking at buying. It is advertised as Antique Quarter Sawn Oak Dresser with Ornate Beveled Mirror, Solidly built with dovetailed drawers. Measures approx. 45 x 22 inches and stands 70 inches from floor to top of decorative mirror. Just the dresser to floor is 32 inches. Mirror can be removed. The asking price is $300 in rural upper Midwest part of the country. Is this a good deal? What do you estimate the value to be?

Thanks for your thoughts on this!

Attached Files:

2. patd8643

patd8643 Well-Known Member

Nice looking but would be hard pressed to bring more than $100 here in Georgia. Oak is sort of 'out' here.
    Patd

Christmasjoy, Darrin Herrera and judy like this.
  3. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

if you can cut the price a bit...try.....then buy it and it will serve you well for the rest of your life....!

4. daveydempsey

daveydempsey Moderator Moderator

A practical piece of furniture which will outlast any modern stuff if you are buying for your own use.

If you are buying to resell then its too much and brown furniture is not in at the moment.

5. James Conrad

James Conrad Well-Known Member

Yep, agree with all above.
    Your dresser was built in 1st quarter 20th century during america's "golden age of oak". Looks to be in very good condition but as others noted, not in fashion these days. Still, if buying for personal use i see no problem with $300. You would be hard pressed to buy anything new at that price with similar quality.

6. Thank you for the info!

Christmasjoy and judy like this.
  7. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

No more than $200.00 here in our shop in central IL. If someone worked hard to get it in that condition, I can see why they would want more.

8. kristiaan

kristiaan Well-Known Member

...for free here too....

Christmasjoy likes this.
  9. James Conrad

James Conrad Well-Known Member

Agrees, condition is important with most antique furniture and, looking at pics of this piece, it seems in very good condition.

10. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

It is a lovely piece,but here in fla you might get $150 and that would be on a good day.

Draft saved Draft deleted