Antique seascape

Discussion in 'Art' started by SSlava, Aug 1, 2019.

1. SSlava

SSlava Well-Known Member

And who can be the author of this seascape?
    Unfortunately, during transportation, the picture was slightly damaged (Paint on the sail showered).

It is necessary to strengthen and restore the painting.

DSC06773-min.JPG DSC06778-min.JPG DSC06779-min.JPG DSC06785-min.JPG DSC06791-min.JPG

2. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

Sigurd Kielland Brandt ?

3. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Those eyes! Given he was a decorative painter, restoration may prove to be too costly.

Debora

Christmasjoy, i need help and SSlava like this.
  4. Jivvy

Jivvy the research is my favorite

Oh well done!

Christmasjoy and i need help like this.
  5. SSlava

SSlava Well-Known Member

And how much is his work? About 200-1000 dollars on average passes at auctions?
    Well, if in the range of 50 -70 dollars you can restore, then I will try. Painting live from a distance looks beautiful)).
    It is necessary to strengthen the entire canvas with glue, re-tension the canvas and toned the loss.
    And when is it interesting that the artist painted this picture? The artist lived for a long time.

Christmasjoy likes this.
  6. SSlava

SSlava Well-Known Member

I bought this painting for $ 60.It is a pity that the seller could not pack the picture well.

Christmasjoy likes this.
  7. sabre123

sabre123 Well-Known Member

Agreed. If you sell a product, it is your duty to do everything you can to make sure it arrives in the same condition that it was in when shipped.

Sorry that happened to you!

8. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Poor thing looks like it rode in the back of a dump truck with bad shocks on a gravel road. The artist (cough) in me wants to get that nasty tobacco-stained varnish off of there first thing's first. The painting might be too fragile for that; we need a real expert on the case. (lets me out!)

9. SSlava

SSlava Well-Known Member

So the picture looked before the transfer:

_Q47MACqFvo.jpg

Any Jewelry and i need help like this.
  10. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

I wouldn't be happy.

Debora

Any Jewelry, Christmasjoy and SSlava like this.
  11. rink28

rink28 Well-Known Member

I would complain that's terrible!! It's a nice painting but for it to get that dirty and rough looking is uncalled for. Goodluck with it whatever you decide to do!

Jivvy, Any Jewelry and Christmasjoy like this.
  12. sabre123

sabre123 Well-Known Member

That is sad.

Jivvy, Any Jewelry and Christmasjoy like this.
  13. SSlava

SSlava Well-Known Member

I found out the price from a local restorer, he wants about $ 90 for the restoration of this painting.
    He is a professional restorer.

In general, the picture looks beautiful, I like it.

Jivvy likes this.
  14. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Ack. The seller had better be chipping in! If you bought this on Feebay this would be one of the rare times when a partial refund is warranted.

SSlava and Jivvy like this.
  15. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

I agree, it is the seller's responsibility to get it to the buyer as pictured in the listing. If it is damaged in transit the seller is responsible!

16. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

I just hope they didn’t “photoshop” the listing image to sell it.....it definitely does NOT appear in the same condition as your pre-sale image!!!!! Looks like SOMEBODY owes at least a partial refund!!!

Draft saved Draft deleted