Antique Statue with unknown marks.

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Enrico Benites, Oct 18, 2019.

1. Enrico Benites

Enrico Benites New Member

Hello, all!
    I have this antique statue with some unknown marks. I can't find it on internet.
    It was from my mother's family.
    Can you help me?
    Thank you! IMG_20190820_141027_828.jpg 2019-08-20_14_06_24.jpg 2019-08-20_14_06_50.jpg

Christmasjoy and Any Jewelry like this.
  2. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

Welcome to the board.

There is another mark to the right of the numbers.
    I think it is German in origin.
    Bisque ware. The damage hurts any value it may have.
    upload_2019-10-18_8-50-17.png

3. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Hi and WELCOME to ANTIQUERS, @Enrico Benites! What size is your statue?? I'm giving a rough guess and thinking maybe 12 inches?? The boy seems to be playing the bagpipes, but a piece looks to be broken off, as adorable as it is!!! @clutteredcloset49, I've tried to enhance the area you circled...........Ha!....to me it kind of looks like a 3-pronged & spiked devils spear!!!! But there appears to be a couple of letters there too.....gotta go do something constructive like get some bills paid now!!!!! Even if THIS is WAY more fun!!! Oh, and with that shamrock, could the statue be Irish or Scottish?? Are YOU Enrico or what are your past relatives on your mother's side?? Or maybe HER family picked it up somewhere!!

X3ZZZZZZ 2019-08-20_14_06_24BC-edit.jpg

Last edited: Oct 18, 2019
  4. Enrico Benites

Wow! Thank you, very much!

5. Enrico Benites

Hi! Thank you, very much!
    It's size is about 6,29 inches.
    Yes, he plays a bagpipe and it misses the pipe...
    My mother's family were German origin from both sides. I have so much german objects in the house. But my grandpa travelled a lot to Europe in the 40´s 50´s. I have some french objects too. But I think it could be german, like clutteredcloset49 said...
    Thank you again!

Draft saved Draft deleted