Antique Toys, MCM Art and Furniture, Advertising, etc. Sale - IL Nov. 1-3

Discussion in 'Sell' started by verybrad, Oct 28, 2019.

1. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

Was anxious to hear how it went! Thanks for the update.

Sounds like the art John did himself must have had significant interest if most of the art went first.

Boy, would love to have gone to that sale.

Christmasjoy, NewEngland and verybrad like this.
  2. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

Not a bad days work!! Congrats on a successful first day!!

I think you will probably see a lot of the same faces at all of the sales & I think spacing them out is a good idea so that they can build the cash reserves back up.

I know I ran into that problem when Bill was holding all those auctions in the first half of the year. I even had to take a small loan out of our personal slush fund to tide me over. I was able to pay it back within 2 months once I got a chance to start listing some of the stuff I had been buying, but it sure would have been nice to have a few weeks to get stuff organized before I came home with another car load. LOL

3. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Sale was a great success. Today was half price day and we had as many or more lined up to get in today as at opening. If possible, it was even more frenetic once people were let in. We had less than 10% of the merchandise left. We pulled a few items for sale later and the remainder was bought by a dealer for pennies on the dollar. We have already begun to reset the sales floor for the next one in December.

4. Bookahtoo

Bookahtoo Moderator Moderator

Wow!!! You sold every last thing!

Christmasjoy and verybrad like this.
  5. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

Wow! Good for you! Thanks for the update.

Christmasjoy and verybrad like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted