Antique/Vintage Photo Album,With Brass or Bronze faster With M. Sch.J.F.K.

Discussion in 'Ephemera and Photographs' started by antiquelover69, Jan 12, 2024.

1. antiquelover69

antiquelover69 Well-Known Member

I found this in a storage auction,I've had it about 20 plus years.There's no pictures.I've had it on another site and got nothing.I'm not sure if I had it on here,but anybody know if this has anything to do with President JF Kennedy. SAM_9247.JPG SAM_9242.JPG SAM_9243.JPG SAM_9248.JPG

Any Jewelry likes this.
  2. bosko69

bosko69 Well-Known Member

Lovely old Album.This could pre-date JFK.But we've got some superb researchers here who know where to look.

antiquelover69 likes this.
  3. antiquelover69

Thank you, yes it pretty old,I hope someone can help.

4. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Certainly pre-dates president JFK. Early years of the 20th century imo, you can still see Art Nouveau influence.

antiquelover69 and Figtree3 like this.
  5. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Agree. A manufacturer's mark. John Fitzgerald Kennedy didn't even become a public figure until 1947 when he was elected to the U.S. House of Representatives.

Debora

antiquelover69 and Figtree3 like this.
  6. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

I'd guess maker's initials, and doesn't the M. Sch. suggest German?

antiquelover69 likes this.
  7. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

The first page has a logo and trademark. I tried cropping it to get closer. There are initials in the circles below the eagle with shield. I can't be sure of what they are, though. The image is a little small, but here it is.

antique album crop.JPG

8. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

As a guess, the abbreviations on the clasp might possibly refer to the makers of the clasp... and the trademark may refer to the publishers of the album. Can't be sure, though.

Any Jewelry and antiquelover69 like this.
  9. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

I would think that the case. Created from assembled, independently sourced pieces.

Debora

Figtree3 likes this.
  10. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

If the parts were cobbled together, could the clip have been from J.F.K middle school?

11. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

Could this be the same initials?
    4ED6A922-6B55-426F-B33B-20CC3CE33F3C.jpeg

12. bluumz

bluumz Quite Busy

I don't think the parts were cobbled together from re-used bits. It seems more likely that the album company purchased clasps from another company to use when making their albums... just like furniture companies often purchased handles from other metal-working companies for use on their furniture.

Any Jewelry likes this.
  13. antiquelover69

I'm still searching,but here's some pictures of inside album.I don't think it was put together,I had another one maybe 35 years ago,not with the eagle,but the clasp and album was the same 1800's. SAM_9250.JPG SAM_9251.JPG SAM_9249.JPG

Any Jewelry and Figtree3 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted