Antique washboard value

Discussion in 'Tools' started by Brandon Loubier, Jan 2, 2020.

1. I have acquired these two washboards. Would it be possible for someone to tell me information on these two washboards?

2. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

From what I know, and it's not ALL that much, they are usually not a high value item, except you don't usually see many of the glass boards!! There are also corrugated tin ones! You can check them out on ebay.com, under SOLD items for value! My Dad put a slate in one side and an eyelet on top so we could hang it and use it for a note board with chalk WAAAAY back when we were first married!!! I would think the glass one might be for more 'delicate' items.....probably turn of the century....late 1800s/early 1900s? Others will be along to correct me if I'm wrong.........

EDIT: SON of a GUN!!!! I saw WAY more GLASS ones than wood!!! Not high value on any, but here's the link....if it works.....ebay has gotten quirky on sending you where we want you to go!!!! IF it doesn't, just use the Keywords "wooden and glass washboards" and check "SOLD" on the left!!

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=wooden+&+glass+washboards&_sacat=0&rt=nc&LH_Sold=1&LH_Complete=1

Last edited: Jan 2, 2020
  3. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi,
    I added a back and some sides and used the wash board as a door. Now it is a nice cabinet containing note pads boxes of staples all different sizes, spare ribbons for the typewriter and inks for the PC.
    greg

4. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Bev aka thelmasstuff Colored pencil artist extraordinaire ;)

I found a National advertising one online for $15.00

Aquitaine likes this.
  5. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Given that, at one time, every household had at least one of these, they're not terribly rare.

Debora

Draft saved Draft deleted