Featured Antique Water Droppers(?) from Korea

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by absolutelydraconic, Sep 29, 2022.

1. I picked up the bull with the boy (I think) on its back in Jinju-si, South Korea and I got the little dragon fish in Seoul. The dragon was part of a larger collection of similar-looking animals but it's the only one that really caught my eye. I dont think it's very old (or the seller was just really nice) because I managed to get it for a really nice price! Here are a few more pics, neither piece has a maker's mark that I've been able to find but if you want to see any other pics, let me know! Both pieces have two holes, the bull's is in its mouth and on its back under the child(?) while the dragon's are where its mouth is and behind its second back spike.
    wdbsv (1).jpg wdbbv (1).jpg wdbfv (1).jpg wdbb (1).jpg wdbu (1).jpg wddfl (1).jpg wddfr (1).jpg wddunv (1).jpg wddfv (1).jpg

Figtree3, bercrystal, Bronwen and 2 others like this.
  2. silverbell

silverbell Well-Known Member

That's a baby dragon named Darryl. Isn't he sweet! :)

bercrystal, komokwa and Bakersgma like this.
  3. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Where's his other brother Daryl?

4. silverbell

silverbell Well-Known Member

See the OP's other dragon.

bercrystal likes this.
  5. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

That was Larry.

bercrystal likes this.
  6. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

the water buffalo is nice....;)

Figtree3 likes this.
  7. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

The dragon is adorable! I'm partial to the celadon color, too.

pearlsnblume and komokwa like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted