Any Hang Ten Surfers here? Need help w/age of Harbor Seal Beach 10' 2" Banana Model Surfboard?!

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by journeymagazine, May 4, 2021.

1. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

I found this BIG (10' 2" end to end), cool vintage (?) Harbor Seal Beach banana model surfboard at a thrift store today!

I googled the banana model & fornd a new one for sale for $1,800 and a - not new? - one that sold for $1,080! One of the things I'd like to know is it's age - is it a original 1960s Harbor surfboard? (they came in yellow)
    What era is it with the logo in center like it is?
    I'm going to send some photos to the Harbor surfboard company to ask if ko one knows here - so even if no one does; enjoy a big old made in USA (California) long board surfboard!
    PS - On the back of the board with the shaper's name (Dave Warrick) and the measurements it says 9 6; if that means 9ft 6 inches I'm confused because I measured 10' 2" from tip to tip?

SPORT SURFBOARD HARBOR SEAL BEACH 10 2 BANANA MODEL 1AA.JPG SPORT SURFBOARD HARBOR SEAL BEACH 10 2 BANANA MODEL 3AA.JPG SPORT SURFBOARD HARBOR SEAL BEACH 10 2 BANANA MODEL 5AA.JPG SPORT SURFBOARD HARBOR SEAL BEACH 10 2 BANANA MODEL 5AAA.JPG SPORT SURFBOARD HARBOR SEAL BEACH 10 2 BANANA MODEL 5BAA.JPG

judy likes this.
  2. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Be interesting to see what they say!

3. rink28

rink28 Well-Known Member

I seen they made a 1990s version but not sure how you can tell if it's vintage. I know nothing about surfing so someone else should know

judy likes this.
  4. smallaxe

smallaxe Well-Known Member

I wonder if the notation is an invoice number, customer name, and dimensions for modifying the board.

judy likes this.
  5. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

I sent a email with photos so hopefully they'll tell me what year/s - the first ones in 1960s were yellow so I'm keeping my fingers crosed!

Draft saved Draft deleted