Featured Any help appreciated

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by seaweed treasures, Aug 3, 2019.

1. seaweed treasures

seaweed treasures Active Member

I saw this vase in a thrift store and fell in love. I'm thinking modern but I can't find any vase to compare it to. There are no markings. Has anyone seen one like this? Any info is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

vase.jpeg

2. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

Don't know the first thing about it, but, given your member name, can see why you had to have it. :) I like it too.

3. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

Looking at candlesticks might help. Similar side ornamentation shows up I think from several makers.

Christmasjoy, i need help and Bronwen like this.
  4. UncleChuckTX

UncleChuckTX Well-Known Member

I believe that's Fostoria Baroque, but only based on color. Tiara did a repro of this item, but only in one or two colors (not your color, in other words).

5. UncleChuckTX

UncleChuckTX Well-Known Member

6. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi,
    It is indeed Fostoria Baroque. My aunt and uncle got the vase and candlesticks for a wedding present in the 1940s. Years later I found the console bowl in the same blue shade.
    greg

Last edited: Aug 3, 2019
  7. seaweed treasures

seaweed treasures Active Member

Thank you so much! You are all amazing. I spent a lot of time researching this morning...

8. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

Sounds like mystery solved, but next time might be an idea to put a few keywords in your title.

For example, "Help with glass vase needed". Some people just read the titles and if their expertise is in glass, the word "glass" will get their attention.

Lovely piece! :)

9. Cherryhill

Cherryhill Well-Known Member

And if it doesn't say "Glass" many won't stop and look. I didn't 'till almost 6 hours later.

pearlsnblume and KikoBlueEyes like this.
  10. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

help us, to help you !!
    nice vase !

pearlsnblume likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted