Any help identifying these pieces would be much appreciated

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Rick77, Nov 11, 2019.

1. Rick77

Rick77 Member

2. Rick77

Rick77 Member

None of the pieces are marked but have inclusions in the glaze and appear quite old. Blue plate has a hairline crack but is still solid.

3. Ratsy Brown

Ratsy Brown Well-Known Member

These are beautiful. Exactly the area that got me interested in antiques in the first place. English, probably somewhere between 1820-1850. The green plate may be a bit later. Therer areo lots of makers for this style of porcelain and very hard to id without a mark, or at least a pattern number. Take a look at Worcester, Coalport and H & R Daniels for some similar designs. The term 'floral sprays' is generically used to describe these bouquets of flowers.

Totes jealous.

4. Rick77

Rick77 Member

Thankyou so much. I will do some research on those. I did suspect coalport but as you say it is hard without marks. And yes it is my favourite era of porcelain and exactly what got me into collecting too. Actually got the milk/cream jug at a junk shop!! Because it was not marked i don't think they realised how old it was. Paid virtually nothing for it. I think I got the plates on ebay but very cheap also.

5. Rick77

Rick77 Member

The jug does have a small repair though unfortunately but it still displays beautifully.

KikoBlueEyes and Ratsy Brown like this.
  6. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Welcome, Rick77.
    Hey Ratsy, new avatar photo? Are you on the phone checking out Antiquers?:playful:

Last edited: Nov 11, 2019
    judy likes this.
  7. judy

judy Well-Known Member

Hi Rick77!

Welcome to Antiquers............

Any Jewelry likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted