Log in or Sign up
Antiques Board
Home
Forums
>
Antique Forums
>
Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain
>
Any help on these figurines would be appreciated
>
Reply to Thread
Message:
<p>[QUOTE="MariaT, post: 1605910, member: 13901"]Inherited these along with LOTS of other ceramic items from the 19th century. I recall be told that they were used to hold thin strips of wood or reeds (held in the tree trunks) that would be used to move a fire when the evening came. Something like that. I don't know if the age is contemporaneous with the children's clothing style, or if the figures are meant to be nostalgic. Any help in dating these would be great!!!!! Poor boy lost his head MANY years a go but I wouldn't touch the glue at this point. PS sorry that the pics seem to show up more than once. I only uploaded each one once, but I'm doing something wrong. My apologies.[ATTACH=full]232474[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]232475[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]232476[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]232477[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]232474[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]232474[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]232475[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]232474[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]232475[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]232476[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]232474[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]232475[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]232476[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]232477[/ATTACH][/QUOTE]</p><p><br /></p>
[QUOTE="MariaT, post: 1605910, member: 13901"]Inherited these along with LOTS of other ceramic items from the 19th century. I recall be told that they were used to hold thin strips of wood or reeds (held in the tree trunks) that would be used to move a fire when the evening came. Something like that. I don't know if the age is contemporaneous with the children's clothing style, or if the figures are meant to be nostalgic. Any help in dating these would be great!!!!! Poor boy lost his head MANY years a go but I wouldn't touch the glue at this point. PS sorry that the pics seem to show up more than once. I only uploaded each one once, but I'm doing something wrong. My apologies.[ATTACH=full]232474[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]232475[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]232476[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]232477[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]232474[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]232474[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]232475[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]232474[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]232475[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]232476[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]232474[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]232475[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]232476[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]232477[/ATTACH][/QUOTE]
Your name or email address:
Do you already have an account?
No, create an account now.
Yes, my password is:
Forgot your password?
Stay logged in
Antiques Board
Home
Forums
>
Antique Forums
>
Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain
>
Any help on these figurines would be appreciated
>
Home
Home
Quick Links
Search Forums
Recent Activity
Recent Posts
Forums
Forums
Quick Links
Search Forums
Recent Posts
Gallery
Gallery
Quick Links
Search Media
New Media
Members
Members
Quick Links
Notable Members
Registered Members
Current Visitors
Recent Activity
New Profile Posts
Menu
Search
Search titles only
Posted by Member:
Separate names with a comma.
Newer Than:
Search this thread only
Search this forum only
Display results as threads
Useful Searches
Recent Posts
More...